Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I taking partners PMDD too personally?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Beeface77 - Thank you for sharing your story here.

He really put you between a rock and a hard place by telling you he doesn't want to be with someone who takes antidepressants. If that could help this problem, and this problem is what has ruined your marriage, I don't understand not wanting you to try it.

I do understand that the rollercoaster of what you're describing must be incredibly difficult and taxing on him, too. Severe PMDD is almost like a personality disorder in that your partner doesn't really know what he's going to get from one moment to the next. In general, most people (PMDD sufferers included) seek some sort of balance and consistency. With this disorder, you cannot have that because one minute you're angry and yelling and the next you're sorry, apologizing, and loving. In other words, I can absolutely see where this condition, left untreated, would be the ruin of almost any marriage.

That is why I don't understand him not wanting you to try some sort of treatment. I guess it all goes back to his belief that this is all just something you do, not something out of your control.

Have you tried other methods (birth control pills, CBD oil, SamE, etc.)?

While you were visiting your family, did you fight with them like you do with him?

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I want you to commit to getting better, with OR without him. You deserve that.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I agree with Ashlee T. post. She's hit the nail on the head.

I have found your post, Beeface77 very interesting. In spite of your PMDD, you are still aware of it and realize it is out of your control. Any kind of health problem is deeply stressful for everyone involved. And you can't "change" no matter how much your partner tells you to. You are definitely a victim of PMDD.

I do hope Beeface77 that if your relationship does end, that you find someone who understands you and wants to support you. No one is to blame for a mental health problem.

Anyhow, an important post, Ashlee T.

Comment

• Beeface77
        thank you for sharing on here. Its so helpful to hear from the other side to what I'm experiencing not just for me but so that others reading this can see the full picture.
        I've stuck with my relationship as my partner has been getting more help and things have improved. The loving times are lasting longer and there is a little less of the anger and pushing me away. It's still not always easy as her emotions can change drastically in an instant and sometimes I feel like I have to walk on eggshells . she will now sometimes talk a little about what's happened afterwards and though she may not apologies for her actions she does now and again thank me for understanding which makes me feel great, not for being thanked but knowing she's getting more of an understanding or acceptance , I dont know which is the best word to use, of what she's going through. She can still make me feel like the love of her life one day and unwanted the next , which can be damaging and I do worry about what it's doing to my self esteem, which I'm looking to get some help with . I do believe though, well most of the time, that her personality is being controlled by her PMDD and she needs understanding and whatever help I can give. I know I could be proved wrong in the long term but she's worth taking the chance for.
        I do hope everything works out for you and your husband Beeface77 obviously I don't know him at all but the one bit of advice I'd give him is just to try and educate himself on the condition before giving up on the relationship and to you You have my total respect as I don't think I could cope as well as you do if i was suffering from a similar condition, you are very self aware which is a trait a lot of people lack and you ask for understanding and not pity . Wish you all the best

Comment

• You're a very understanding man, Worried Man Blues. Your partner is lucky to have you. I am glad she is receiving the treatment she needs.

I hope she realizes how lucky she is to have you.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

Today, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
          • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

Today, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
          • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

Today, 06:25 PM By driiols
          • Reply to Catching up!

I am so sorry, atskitty2. You're not alone with your grief: you and your mum are going so through much. There is little I can say, but you've got your...

Today, 06:24 PM By driiols
          • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

Based upon what I have found on the internet, there are several standard steps for estimating the amount of work for business automation: Studying a company...

Today, 06:17 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Introduction

Hello Everyone!
            I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
          • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
          • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
            Mistress Of All Evil
            Poor Unfortunate Soul
            The...

Yesterday, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

Yesterday, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Doing The Laundry And Other Cleaning

Are you a cleaning god/goddess?

I clean my apartment ALL the time. Items get put in the bin, the washing up gets done daily, the laundry...

07-13-2019, 05:12 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X