Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTSD

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I know this is a bit off subject but myself and a guy i served with have joined a community fire service. The positive mental affects its had on both of us has been incredible. We have talked about running service like fitness classes with the public too. It feels like being subbed off a match winning game and being asked to go back in. If that makes sense
    ?

Comment

• As you know, helping people and communities does give a sense of pride, achievement and just gladness to know you're helping people and saving lives. That feeling must be incredible. I write this because I am resuming a club this coming Thursday. The club is for people with disablilites and reading about their activiites on Facebook has made me remember the happiness I felt whenever I went. I haven't been there for two months now, but shall go back this week.

What I am trying to say, is I know what you mean. Positive mental effects is exactly what someone like you feel. And you must be proud of yourself and your friends and colleagues who help people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
        As you know, helping people and communities does give a sense of pride, achievement and just gladness to know you're helping people and saving lives. That feeling must be incredible. I write this because I am resuming a club this coming Thursday. The club is for people with disablilites and reading about their activiites on Facebook has made me remember the happiness I felt whenever I went. I haven't been there for two months now, but shall go back this week.

What I am trying to say, is I know what you mean. Positive mental effects is exactly what someone like you feel. And you must be proud of yourself and your friends and colleagues who help people.
        Slightly late reply, but I have applied to join the fire service. I have passed my fitness test and interview. I have found a new career that i never thought possible. My partner and mother have obvious concerns but they are contrasted with my military service. I feel like I have a sense of purpose back in my life and a real sense of providing a duty of protection. I know that sounds some what egotistical but it has made me feel amazing

Comment

• That's wonderful, MrMr. The best of luck [although you don't need luck]. I think you will feel an incredible sense of pride and achievement when doing your job: saving lives is heroic. There must be no better feeling. And you will get a lot of respect from people. People are always interested in our service people and emergency services, etc.

Anyhow, I am happy for you. Yes: it is dangerous work, but you're a hero and that is worth a lot.

Comment

That's wonderful, MrMr. The best of luck [although you don't need luck]. I think you will feel an incredible sense of pride and achievement when doing your job: saving lives is heroic. There must be no better feeling. And you will get a lot of respect from people. People are always interested in our service people and emergency services, etc.

Anyhow, I am happy for you. Yes: it is dangerous work, but you're a hero and that is worth a lot.
            Ill deny all the heroic chat but your words make me feel good. Thanks!

Comment

• I was glad to be honest, MrMr!

Comment

I was glad to be honest, MrMr!
                Well aren't you just cute

Comment

• Originally posted by Val_R
                  I think Mr Mr is gorgeous x
                  Sorry Popcorn&Candy stole all the compliments

Comment

• I am definitely cute, MrMr! I am sure you are, too!

Comment

I am definitely cute, MrMr! I am sure you are, too!
                      Haha well that would be for you to decide

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                      • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      Working...
                      X