Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help from a mother..

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Need help from a mother..

I'm well aware this is a website for women, but as a guy myself I can say guys can be very immature about things.. So I need a woman's point of view even better a mother's point of view.. I apologize for any inconvenience in advance.

The problem is that I have been dating my g/f for one year and four months.. Her father found out I existed a couple of months ago, I thought that was the least because her mother loved me.. [I believe] her mother is actually one of the main reasons I still see her and am able to talk to her (My g/f).. I havent done anything that I can think of to make her upset or anything of the sort but she has changed and seems distant recently.. And i'm always on my best behavior and never disrespect neither her or her daughter..

What could be the cause of this?

• If your g/f's mom has changed towards you, maybe your g/f has discussed some personal things with her that she doesn't like. Have you and your g/f had any recent fights/disagreements? If so, maybe she has vented to her mother and her mom has formed a new opinion of you, instead of just listening to her daughter vent. What does your g/f think is up? Is she worried about the change? Has she talked to her mom about it? A few more specifics might help. I am a mom, and my daughter has a boyfriend too, they are both 19. They fight constantly but have been together for 4 years now. I love him like he was my own son. When they fight I try not to form any bad opinions...in fact, I will listen to both sides and try to give the best advice to either of them with no favoritism.
    IF GOD BRINGS YOU TO IT-HE WILL BRING YOU THROUGH IT!!!!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    Working...
    X