Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

picking out the baby's name

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• picking out the baby's name

So I've got a good friend who has been asking for my advice on something I consider to be pretty personal; the choice of her unborn daughters name. Here is the story...

Baby's daddy freaked out and didn't want anything to do with my friend or the baby when she told him she had gotten pregnant, he denied being the father and called all kinds of names and acutally had a "friend" of his that was a woman call my friend and cuss her out. He ignored her for months, now that the baby is due in a few weeks he wants to come in and tell my friend that she has to change the name she's chosen because he doesn't like it.

If you were in this situation what would you say to him?
    (keep in mind the baby will have his last name)
    Life is all about how you handle plan B....

Plan A is always my 1st choice. You know, the one where things work out to be "happily ever after". More often than not, I find myself dealing with the inside-out version where nothing goes as it should. It's at this point the real test of my character comes in...Do I sink or do I swim? Do I wallow in self-pity, or simply shift gears and make the best of the situation? The choice is mine. After all...it's all about how you handle plan B.

• Well first of all if i were in her shoes and he treated me like that the baby would carry my last name, and if he has been acting like that the past months he has no right to tell her what to name her baby!!!

Comment

• I would tell him to to a long walk off a short pier! To with what he thinks, he had 9 months and blew it! Be wise and use your own last name on the birth certificate! Unless you want money which means serious trouble in the future of your child.

Comment

• Keep in mind his last name can be omited!

Comment

• He should have nothing to do with that child, he had 9 months to be there for her for the child. That man is not worth the trouble, all he will cause is more problems for her and her child.

Comment

• I agree, if it were me I'd not even be talking to him at this point let alone discussing the name of the child. But that is besides the point I've told her how I feel about that and now I'll support her decision. Just wondered how others would feel.
            Life is all about how you handle plan B....

Plan A is always my 1st choice. You know, the one where things work out to be "happily ever after". More often than not, I find myself dealing with the inside-out version where nothing goes as it should. It's at this point the real test of my character comes in...Do I sink or do I swim? Do I wallow in self-pity, or simply shift gears and make the best of the situation? The choice is mine. After all...it's all about how you handle plan B.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
            • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            Working...
            X