Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 weeks and teething?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• 10 weeks and teething?

Hi everyone, my daughter Isobel is 10 weeks old and she's quite unwell. I noticed that she has two little teeth on her bottom gum. Is it possible that she's teething? I could really use some advice. She seems to be in pain and whines a lot (which is unusual for her) and I think she has a fever/feels really hot.
    Also she's not drinking her milk much. I'm really worried as this is my first child and I don't know what to do. I've given her some panadol and a cold dummy but it doesn't seem to be working much.
    Also she's been sleeping a lot more. Except for this morning, she's been crying for almost two hours. Help?!?!!?
    You're a song written by the hand of God - Shakira (Underneath Your Clothes)

• Teeth can be present even at birth and teething can occur any time thereafter but 6 months is a common age for teething. The symptoms you describe are normal. A baby may be inconsolable at times during teething. Use any medications only as described by a doctor. Teething can sometimes cause high fevers where a doctor visit and/or cooling by using damp towels may be necessary. If you are unsure about what is happening take her to a doctor.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Wet a washcloth and put it in the freezer. When it freezes, she can use it to chew on.

I don't know a thing about bottle feeding babies, but I know nursing children sometimes have a hard time eating when teething. They take longer at the breast because the suckling motion can irritate them. Keep offering the bottle and monitor her number of wet diapers. You can call your pediatrician and ask how many she should have if well-hydrated. While you're on the phone, double-check what level of fever (and what dosage of fever-reducer) is acceptable at your daughter's age.

She may just be having her first illness, so make sure you're keeping her comfortable, well-fed, and well-rested. Don't over-medicate her. You'll get through this
      <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• thanks, yeah she's teething alright! i will try what you guys have suggested
        You're a song written by the hand of God - Shakira (Underneath Your Clothes)

Comment

• Yes, she can be teething. A baby can teeth as early as a few days old. My friends son started teething at 2 weeks old. He's now 5 months old and has 3 teeth.

Comment

• my son started teething at 2 months...in some cases babies get teeth when they are born!!! They will most likely teeth for a while before getting any teeth...good luck (my son is still in pain cuz of it...he is 4 months now)
            ~New Mommy 5/3/2011~

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
            • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            Working...
            X