Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potty Training A Stubborn Boy

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Potty Training A Stubborn Boy

I know there's been a few posts on in regarding potty training a boy but I am having serious problems and I haven't seen quite what I need to know on here. My son is 26 months old and I have been trying to potty train him for about 6 months now. He will sit on the potty then get up after being there for 2 minutes and pee on the floor in front of the potty. He has been in pull ups for almost a year(as he was too big for the size 6 diapers), and when I put just underwear on him and he wets them it doesn't seem to bother him. I have tile floor and I am a stay at home mom so I have all the time in the world and can just run a mop with bleach water over it. It's still frustrating because he tells me when he has gone but he won't go on the potty. PLEASE HELP ME I AM DESPERATE! I feel like I've tried everything and I don't know what else to do I am at the point of giving up ANY advice will help.

• hi jcfiasco, i know how hard it is to train a 2yr old. they tend to be stubborn and strongwilled.
    but why didnt u potty train him earlier.
    i started potty training my baby as early as 7 months, so she grew used to it. but that didnt mean it went smoothly though.
    y dont u try sittin down with him when he is on the potty or get him his fav toy and make sure u are around him and dont forget to put on the "mum will spank ur little bombom if u get it off the potty" look..

Comment

• Potty training my youngest son was rough too, particularly the pooping part. As soon as I found his motivation, it was cake. (video games with his older brother) I wouldn't let him play until he had gone in the potty. I tried stickers and a prize box, but he just didn't seem interested enough to try. But as soon as he lost out on "big boy fun", he turned it around quick.

I've also heard putting cereal or soap to make bubbles in the toilet gives them something to aim at and might help with him actually going into the potty.

Comment

• imo. boys learn best doing what comes naturally. a boy sitting on the potty to pee is not natural for them. he needs to stand to pee. when i potty trained both my boys, we used the aim and shoot method. we would put a peice of toilet paper in the toilet and he would use it for target practice. i also made my boys clean up their own messes (ofcourse i cleaned up good after they were done). they would wash out their own pants if they messed in them. you have to make going to the bathroom easier than peeing his pants. if you go in and pee on the toilet, you play shoot and aim, and then your done. if you pee your pants (get rid of the pull ups) or on the floor, you have to clean your mess.

Comment

• I'm having similar problems with my son. He will be 3 in december and shows little to no interest in the potty. He was doing great for a week or so, but then he just decided that he didn't want to do it any more. Hpefully we can start again soon so he is fully potty trained by his birthday.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

Today, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

Today, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X