Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bras for daughter

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• bras for daughter

Every once and a while, my daughter will make some comment about how small she is up top (34-a). I was thinking that over her Christmas break, it might be a good time to ease her into some padded bra styles. I would appreciate any tips you might have as to brands you have tried with your teens that look natural but give some extra fullness. Thanks for your help.

• Push up Water/Gel bras.

Push up is great if you have something or want to show clevage, but having the extra fluid all over gives it more shape under the shirt. They are heavier then normal bras, but provide more shape then a bra that has cutlets or insertable pads.
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and apologetic mouse, but to roar like a lion out of pride in my profession.
    John Steinbeck

I'm a Leo, RAWR! Sun/moon/asc/venus- 1st house.

Comment

• How old is she?

I've never worn a water/gel bra, so I can't recomend or disagree about them. If she wants to show cleavege or make herself look bigger, clevage is a must. Or if she wants, I've been told that the half cups are excellent at more clevege and looking bigger.

I'm a teenager, and I'm a 38C. I'm big, so I don't really want to look bigger, but I love showing clevege (and my mom hates it a lot of the time). I wear underwired and I love them! I do own a push-up and it's awsome, but she needs to be aware that if it doesn't fit right, she will pop out, even if she is small. One of the things I've learned is that you just have to keep trying them on, and seeing which ones she like. There's a ton of different styles and colors out there, so she'll have to kinda shop around and see which ones she's confident in, comfortable,and there will be some bras that will make her love the fact that she's small.

Comment

• I remember wearing a gel bra (also called water bra) when I was an older teen. I was very thin and had the teeny chest to go along with it. I did like the fullness the gel bra gave me under my clothes. Don't dry them though, over time they'll wear thin and she might have a gel leak. I think the gel bras are much more natural than the regular padded bras, especially for people that are very small chested.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• i forget which brand i use.... but that was cool. i was very happy that my mother choose that for me.

Comment

• I wonder why she considers herself small at 34A ? That's the size of my g/f and she looks lovely. Why are so many girls obsessed with having big boobs ?????????????

Comment

• Thomas, same reason why guys are obsessed with having large penises. Its societies expectations to look a certain way these days. Have you seen the magazines and media? It's a lot to "live up to" especially when you're a teenager. Also- young boys can be very insensitive and say things like "Did you see sally's boobs? They are huge!" and that can make a girl feel awkward and not like certain parts of her body, and I honestly don't think it stops when you get older, but you get more mature and accept that you're wonderful just as you are. Something you learn over time.

Comment

• Yes, but media aside, there must be other reasons why girls feel "inadequate"? A huge proportion of girls these days have low self esteem or body hang ups. Are they not mature neough to know that all people are different. Yes, some boys may be concerned about their penis size, but not such a majority. Years ago they didn't have time to think about the "imperfections" of their bodies (neither did boys) they were too busy working/providing etc etc
                It seems like the more time we have on our hands, the more time spent wondering why were not perfect !

Comment

• How about buying her 1 or 2 'special' bras that have some padding and also have adjustable straps (so they can be converted to strapless, razor-back, one shoulder, etc) and have standard bras for everyday wear?

Encourage her to be happy with who she is while teaching her the fun and power of dressing up.

Comment

• Thanks to all for your suggestions. I decided to take Random Kitty's advice after pricing "gel bras." Just couldn't see spending $35.00 per bra on things she may not need in another year. Took her to Macy's and had her measured and surprise, she is actually in between an A and B cup. She now has a few add a size bras in her wardrobe that she can use when so inclined. Just to talk about the whole idea of being breast conscious......I think that many of us, myself included, understand that most men are attracted to women with larger breasts. It's just a natural thing. Not sure it has anything to do with advertising or media stereotypes. We dress to please men.

Comment

• How old is your daughter? 34-a is quite enough already in my part. What size does she want to have, anyway?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X