Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

baby juice feasco

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• baby juice feasco

Omg, I took my 13 week old on two planes today. I decided to give him some baby juice if he fished the bottle before the cabin stabilized. Well I put 4 ounces of juice in the bottle and two for up and two for down. Just in case. Well my grama let him down nearly the whole thing! Well, okay that's not so bad... But on the next flight we hit bad weather and had to land quickly so his ears were real bad and I gave him more juice about 3 total. That was mix with water. I couldn't mix him any more formula bc the plane was shaking. What was I supposed to do!? My poor baby drank like 7 ounces of juice in 12 hours! He's 13 weeks old. Should I call a doctor?? He is fine. Oh he's also teething... Fun but he is pooping a little bit with every diaper. I feel so bad for giving him so much jyice but his little ears really needed to be cleared.

Am i horrible

• No not horrible. Does he normally drink the baby juice? How long were the flights and did he go without formula for any significant length of time? If not, just give him his formula as you normally would. Expect some runny poops though. For your next flight, babies do not necessarily need to be drinking on take off and landings. Cabins are pretty well pressurized now, so at most you may want to give him a pacifier to suck on instead of food or liquid. Then, if he is in any type of distress and the little ears need to pop, you could give him his bottle at that time.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Thank you claret, I'm so worried. But he really does seem fine. He never went with out formula. I only gave him juice after he finished his formula and only when he seemed upset. But my grama did give him like 4 ounces the first time. I didn't intend for that to happen... He doesn't have juice regularly. Only if he's constipated. I tried the passy instead of the bottle he still squirmed. I just didn't realize that he had so much.

Thank you again. Oh the flights were an hour and two hours.

Comment

• You did what you needed to do, so you weren't horrible. The rules don't make it easy to fly with an infant. As you already know, the juice gave him a mild case of the runs. Enjoy your time visiting.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
        • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X