Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Baby Jokes???!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Dead Baby Jokes???!!!

Having just read an article in a magazine, i wanted to bring it to your attention. Parents in particular need to be aware of this. There is a facebook group using the above title where there are over 24,000 people MOCKING parents who have been through the unimaginable horror of cot death, still born and miscarriages... As a parent myself, i am absolutely horrified belief at what i have just read.

I cannot begin to ever imagine what parents who have suffered any of the above are feeling, but i am so disgusted that facebook allows such a group to exist. I terminated my account immediately after making an official complaint to the creators of FB itself.

Parents -and even people like me who have never been through such trauma- who have complained to fb after discovering this page have been prosecuted and banned from fb, meanwhile fans of this page continue to harass, mock and even post photos of still-born babies with not so much as a slap on the wrists!!

One woman who had suffered two miscarriages, a still born birth AND cot death simply asked one fan why they would get off on this type of.......however it can be described, and discovered someone had gone onto her profile, stolen a picture of her young niece with a message saying 'I'M PUTTING THIS ON HERE SO ALL THE PAEDOPHILES CAN SEE' !!!!

For anyone who is still willing to use fb after they allow this to remain public and easily accessible, it is of course your choice, no-one has any right to judge you for that, but please at least discover if there is a petition/campaign to remove this sickening group, or maybe create one. I didn't want to stay on fb to create one or sign up but if anyone knows how to start a campaign without being a part of fb, please let me know and i will do it immediately

• Wow..

That's just not right, I can't fathom why the facebook team wouldn't just pull it if they knew of it.

Why not report it? I won't be going there anytime soon to try to locate it, I'd just get mad and start swearing at them all .....
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Melaphant, I found it on facebook, starred at me

There is someone who has 31,000 likes to get rid of it, verses 51,000 likes on the page.

I've written on it calling them trolls, liking each post that is against them, telling people not to like as it feeds the trolls

Telling them Karma will get them which provoked one of them claiming to be a woman, who is a male to ask me what Karma is

Watch that space, I haven't finished yet Can PM my name on there if you want.

CW
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Good job too!

I would love to go back on there and give them all a what for but i have no wish to be a part of that site any more, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Unfortunately, the article i read is just giving those pieces of scum the attention that they crave so much. Me creating this thread, i realise in hindsight, has done the same thing. Giving them what thery want. I cannot and do not want to believe that there is that much evil in the world, to actually laugh at something so horrific -let alone hurl abuse at people who have suffered so much. Maybe mommy and daddy didn't cuddle these trolls when they were children -aww, my heart bleeds for them- or maybe the attention just wasn't enough for these sickos.

Keep the thread informed though, i may consider going back on if fb gets it the f of!

Comment

• Melephant, in light of some of the recent legal implications on people who have posted racial and terror related comments on social networking sites I wouldn't be shy to at least email the tabloids and try giving them some REAL negative press. I understand FB's shares are already about as low as those jokes. I'm sure a robust email to the FB admin threatening to send a link the the 'current bun' or the mail result in that page being pulled down faster than a pro footballers' pants by a page 3 girl.

Good luck on your crusade Mel, I agree these jokes are about as low and distasteful as you can get.
          "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• As a woman who's suffered a miscarriage - mom of a dead baby right here! - I'm not offended at all. Not one tiny bit.

Is the situation the joke describes funny? Heck no. The "funny" part is the uncomfortable feeling that the controversial and unexpected content gives. Tricking somebody into laughing at a horrible joke, even if it's just nervous laughter (or accidental laughter because, you know, somebody was telling a joke and it was supposed to be funny.)

The jokes make me a little ill, and the folks on the page are being butts, but what would you do if somebody busted up into your party and started raining all over a harmless word parade? The person walking into the party is the troll, by definition. The admins are basically working on 4chan Rules of the Internet, and by using the Internet in the age of 4chan, we are all beholden to them. You come into a culture you don't understand or agree with and start pointing fingers and condemning, you get unsympathetic and sometimes outrageous behavior back.

The folks running that page aren't asking for my money, my attention, or even my approval. They aren't doing anything illegal and are operating within Facebook's rules (if what they're saying is true and FB has decided not to remove their page.) If I don't like what I see on the TV, I change the channel ... if I don't like what I see on FB, I click a new link and maybe report the content if I think it's necessary. Just because a cow pooped in a field I'm walking in doesn't mean I have to step in it ... step over and move on.

I will say, social networking gives us a unique opportunity to figure out just how horrible and flawed the people in our life and the people "out there" are, and it's an uncomfortable and unfunny thing sometimes.
            <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• For those who don't know, dead baby jokes are not new. I heard my first one over 35 years ago and I'm positive that they were around a long time before that. Of course, that is before the world knew the Khmer Rouge literally smashed babies against trees to kill them. But when it was found out a year or two later, the world didn't even shrug it's collective shoulders, except for a few people who did. The world didn't know due to tight censorship that meant the death of thousands upon thousands by the Khmer Rouge. Is censorship the answer?
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• You both make very good points but, as i said in my original post, the issue i've got is targeting parents individually. Of course i will not use names, but say Mrs X, simply asked them why they found it funny and she got nothing but abuse back.

One user said "My nephew is four years old and his mom's a **********. Luckily, the kid has been diagnosed with a brain tumour -one day it'll be his photo we're posting up!' Someone replied, "Whose kid's gonna die? .....S************************'s kid!''

More disgustingly, the fact that they are posting up genuine photos of dead babies.

I don't find baby jokes funny, that is just my opinion, the fact that even some people who have suffered miscarriages etc may find them funny is great, it shows massive strength. But look at my original post, do i say i'm upset about the jokes? Are they the issue or why i started this thread?

Just for the record, some of the jokes that i HAVE read are beyond light hearted humour, how anyone can find the idea of a new mother finding their baby dead in its cot is beyond me.

Comment

• Seriously, what kind of people will laugh at this kind of joke ? I hope one day those people will get karma and see if they can laugh at their own dead baby

Comment

• Sure, it's not okay to laugh at a distasteful joke, but it's okay to wish death on their future children.

That's logical.
                    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• There are people who are so desperate for attention that the will post the most horrific things just to be noticed. Since their entire goal is to be noticed, honestly the best defense is to ignore them. The more people you tell, the more hits they will get, and the happier they will feel.

Remember that there are probably hundreds of MILLIONS of people on FB. The fact that a few thousand like something still means that they are a tiny aberrant minority.

You might eventually get FB to close that page, but another will just spring up because they will have gotten the attention they wanted

Comment

• social networking nowadays are incredible with the help of internet... It is impossible to ignore all when there are bound to have some people sharing links or pages they read/liked. Even if you dont like it, you may have unintentionally click or read it contributing to the number of hits n thus made it popular...

Comment

• Whilst I am pro choice, two types of joke I find particularly distasteful are abortion jokes and dead baby jokes. I've witnessed first hand the awful affect cot death and abortion has on people, and the last thing the traumatized and grieving need are the ignorant laughing at their expense.

Unfortunately they are not going to disappear any time soon so as Fox08 says the best thing to do is try and ignore them.
                          "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• If you have "friends" who are sharing stuff like this, maybe you need different friends.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                            • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            Working...
                            X