Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kids Fight over turns on computer

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Kids Fight over turns on computer

I am a father of three who got tired of the kids fighting over turns on the computer, so I wrote a program that helps kids learn to take turns on the computer. I have read a few entries on this forum and I think the readers of this forum might enjoy the application. Please give Turn Nanny a try and let me know what you think.
    Regards
    Ray Gilley

PS. Turn Nanny is a free program
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 07-01-2008, 07:12 AM. Reason: advertising not allowed

• My brother once broke his hand when he was trying to punch me to get me off the computer and he missed and hit the chair, that'll teach him.

However, I sort of think such rigid things as a computer programme aren't really the answer either, just a bit of good parenting, instilling good practices in your children etc. etc.

As far as the programme you've written is concerned, I believe there are many already, all sorts of things for limiting time of certain users etc.

Comment

• help mum with 5 children

hi im a mum with 5 kids ,i have a problem with trying to get my kids in a routine can someone help

Comment

• pc time.

i have a timer thing going on, i have a cookery timer and set it to 20 mins, when the bell goes no if's buts or maybe's they have to come off. and i spend some family time with the ones not on the pc like reading a story . 20 mins to me is long enough because mine are only 4 and 5 the 8 year old i may let have a bit longer. thing with the bell is you give one a bit longer the little kids have no concept of time lol you can hood wink em...i cannot with my teenager mind. i leave her to her own devices she knows when she had enough and so forth..

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs c View Post
          hi im a mum with 5 kids ,i have a problem with trying to get my kids in a routine can someone help
          Set a time limit for them each. If they start fighting again, Take it away, easy as that.

ALSO make them work for it! Me and my brother weren't allowed to touch the TV or computer until we either did chores or did our homework, if neither were an option we were to read one chapter from a novel and tell my mom what it was about.

Sounds harsh, but it taught us that if we want something in life, we have to earn it.

good luck
          "I might be a little young, but honey I ain't naive"
          "If it ain't an APBT, it's just a dog"

Comment

• i don't have this problem with my child yet, but i used to fight with my sister over the bathroom and i have to agree with the person above and say that good parenting would definitely go a long way. kids know what's right and wrong...most of the time...but it really depends on if they will listen. so try to reason with them.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            Working...
            X