Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adoption

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Originally posted by jns View Post
    Fingerprints for what?
    don't ask my husband about fingerprinting
    we were fingerprinted 6 times ..... three by FBI and three times by state so that's three days husband took off work

one needs to not let home study expire, so we paid for two HS updates in addition to initial HS
    so we had three different social workers in our home, also (agency had more than one SW)

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post
      don't ask my husband about fingerprinting
      we were fingerprinted 6 times ..... three by FBI and three times by state so that's three days husband took off work

one needs to not let home study expire, so we paid for two HS updates in addition to initial HS
      so we had three different social workers in our home, also (agency had more than one SW)
      Three days of work was how much of an economic loss? Fingerprints are often taken when crossing international borders. It is done almost instantaneously. Fingerprinting can also be done at almost any participating law enforcement agency for a fee and will have reasonable hours. Multiple times? Fingerprints don't change.

How often does child rearing really change? Was the initial course incomplete?

The agencies forced you to jump through hoops just because they could. It's like playing a sick game.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post
        Three days of work was how much of an economic loss?
        he used personal days

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X