Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took so many pregnancy protection pills!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Took so many pregnancy protection pills!

Hello everyone,

Do these, pregnancy protecting pills prevent our future pregnancy. Actually I never experience these pills before but my friend advised me not to have even a single one. Is this the myth only or really have some scientific reason behind this.

Me and my husband are really not looking for kids right now, as we just got married 2 months before and my periods are late by 5 days now, so I am worried and need some good advice. I hope these pills will work but don't cause any problem. please suggest something!!!

• Are you talking about the Morning After Pill? or birth control pills in general?
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Dear, I am talking about the birth control pills.... As I normally take the i pill after unprotected intercourse to avoid pregnancy as I don't want to become pregnant right now.

Comment

• Hi dear. I will suggest you advise of an expert gynecologist. You can also consult with Lotus Clinic as they are best in pregnancy-related matters. The contraceptive pill could damage fertility, according to new research. The powerful hormones could upset the reproductive system for months - or even years - after women stop taking it. Women who have used the Pill are twice as likely to have problems conceiving later. The findings are the first to suggest a link between oral contraceptives and infertility and come despite repeated assurances from manufacturers that there are no long-term effects. Today fertility experts described the research as "highly significant" and said Pill users must be told about the possible risks. But family planning groups urged women not to panic - stressing that most women had no problem conceiving after they stopped taking it. On average, the women had been using contraceptives for three and a half years before trying for a baby. Overall, two-thirds became pregnant within six months. former Pill users took twice as long to conceive than those who had used condoms. The longer they had been on the Pill, the longer it took to conceive. The risks appear to be even greater among women who are over 35, or obese, or suffer from irregular periods. Over-35s who had taken the Pill took two-and-a-half times as long to conceive as those in the same age bracket who had used condoms. Although 70 percent of former Pill users became pregnant within six months, the researchers believe the hormones may take time to wear off among some women, in whom they may stop the ovaries releasing eggs normally. I hope the information I gave will help someone. Best of luck to all the woman on their motherhood. Be safe and stay blessed.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonamgupta2107 View Post
          Hi dear. I will suggest you advise of an expert gynecologist. You can also consult with Lotus Clinic as they are best in pregnancy-related matters. The contraceptive pill could damage fertility, according to new research. The powerful hormones could upset the reproductive system for months - or even years - after women stop taking it. Women who have used the Pill are twice as likely to have problems conceiving later. The findings are the first to suggest a link between oral contraceptives and infertility and come despite repeated assurances from manufacturers that there are no long-term effects. Today fertility experts described the research as "highly significant" and said Pill users must be told about the possible risks. But family planning groups urged women not to panic - stressing that most women had no problem conceiving after they stopped taking it. On average, the women had been using contraceptives for three and a half years before trying for a baby. Overall, two-thirds became pregnant within six months. former Pill users took twice as long to conceive than those who had used condoms. The longer they had been on the Pill, the longer it took to conceive. The risks appear to be even greater among women who are over 35, or obese, or suffer from irregular periods. Over-35s who had taken the Pill took two-and-a-half times as long to conceive as those in the same age bracket who had used condoms. Although 70 percent of former Pill users became pregnant within six months, the researchers believe the hormones may take time to wear off among some women, in whom they may stop the ovaries releasing eggs normally. I hope the information I gave will help someone. Best of luck to all the woman on their motherhood. Be safe and stay blessed.
          Thank you for taking the time to share all of that great information with me. Your support, encouragement and advice have been extremely helpful. I really thankful to you regarding your observations and suggestions.
          Your suggestions are very much acknowledged. I will definitely concern the experts.

Comment

• I second sonamgupta2107. Great advice.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
            • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            Working...
            X