Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Period while pregnant

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Period while pregnant

It is normal for a woman to miss her period once pregnant. However, not all women are the same, not all pregnancies are equal.
    I've seen a lot of cases in which the girl would find out that she was pregnant after months! In tv (yes, we can't believe everything we see in tv, still), some forums and also a close person was one of these "cases". She found out 5 months after being pregnant.
    Once pregnant, it can happen to spot sometimes, having lighter periods with lighter red color but I wonder...
    The first period after getting pregnant, is it normal to be longer than normal? Is it really "common" to have "periods" (between quotes because it isn't really menstrual flux we are talking about here, ofc)?

• I'm not totally sure I understand the question. Are you asking if it's normal to have some form of a period once pregnant? If so, some women will encounter some early period like bleeding, but most would not say it's even similar to their usual period. That is not to say it NEVER happens. You just always hear of someone's aunt or someone's grandma it happened to, never actually someone you know.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
      I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

Today, 11:33 AM By lilrose
    • Reply to Is it just me or do we all have one???

You've got the right approach, jns. Sometimes - as Ashlee T. has said - nothing works. In that instance, walking away is best. It isn't rude: because...

Today, 10:23 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

I will tell you, Ashlee T. that I would love to have children. But I have not met the right man yet. However, there is still time. I am 38 years old but...

Today, 10:18 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to How to gain weight fast?

I still don't get why someone would want to put on weight: everyone else is trying to lose it.

Thoughts?

Today, 10:13 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to Help with Talking to My Crush

I second your advice, Lialia270.

I hope Jupiter Girl has made her move by now! If she hasn't, someone else must've gotten him. It is a fast...

Today, 10:09 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
      I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

Today, 11:33 AM By lilrose
    • Is it just me or do we all have one???

I have a very good friend, funny, gregarious, giving, loving, adventurous and all around good person. However, there is always a however, when we get...

03-11-2019, 07:23 AM By Claret
    • Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
    • Need A New Direction

I am thinking of applying for another job. For over ten years I've been working as an admin assistant for a charity. I love the work, but am starting...

03-04-2019, 07:14 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • best treatments for wrinkles and aging skin?

Everybody is trying to look young and pretty. Regarding aging, mesoskinline discovered new anti-aging mesotherapy treatment. This is about without medical...

Today, 08:57 AM By mesoskinline01
    Working...
    X