• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsure About Hubby Getting Vasectomy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsure About Hubby Getting Vasectomy

Hey all! I just had twins in July and my husband and I are thinking we are done having kids. He is all for getting a vasectomy and I spoke with my OBGYN a little about it but there is a small part of me that isn’t sure if I want him to do it just yet. There is like 10% of me that is holding me back from giving him the green light... He is really gung-ho about it...

any thoughts?

Congratulations on having twins! Vasectomies are a good form of birth control but they can have some side effects. From a study published by the nih: "Vasectomy appeared to be associated with a significant decrease in the plasma levels of pregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone and androstenedione and a significant increase in the levels of dihydrotestosterone and oestrone."
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Welcome back Cape! You've been busy!
      So, what are your reservations? Are you thinking you may possibly want another baby? Or is it the risks associated with the procedure?

Comment

I don’t think I want more kids but there’s this small part of me that is unsure. Ronnie is done in his mind and we’ve talked a little, I know we’ll talk some more obviously. I don’t think he’ll want another and I probably don’t but there’s this little voice in the back of my head that isn’t sure. He’ll think I’m nuts if I even throw the idea out there and I can’t say I blame him. We have 4 now with the twins.

Comment

if twins run in the family, there's the possibility of 2 more
          would 6 kids be ok?

Comment

Well, no harm in just using birth control for a year or 2 until you're completely sure, right? Better to do that than to have to try a reversal if you decide you want another. That's what I'd do. I wouldn't do anything permanent until I was certain!

Comment

Yeah 6 would be crazy and I know 5 kind of seems crazy too... I’ll have to have a talk with him soon but thinking maybe I should just let him go ahead with it...

Comment

Originally posted by CapeCRunner View Post
                Yeah 6 would be crazy and I know 5 kind of seems crazy too... I’ll have to have a talk with him soon but thinking maybe I should just let him go ahead with it...

lots of people love big families and your kids will always have someone to play (fight) with
                and when you get older...…..hopefully lots of grandbabies

how are you adjusting to twins?

Comment

Yeah they will all have each other... I love motherhood more than anything I’ve ever done... the twins are great... we’re exhausted but I’m in love with both of them... very challenging though

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                    Well, no harm in just using birth control for a year or 2 until you're completely sure, right? Better to do that than to have to try a reversal if you decide you want another. That's what I'd do. I wouldn't do anything permanent until I was certain!
                    As usual, Kitty nails it!
                    While a vadectomy is reversible - and that's a big industry - why go through that?
                    A good friend did it several years ago, and I distinctly remember him telling me, "You know how they say it's no big deal, you can have it done and go right back to work? THAT'S BS!" He was laid up for several days, maybe a week, and guess what? They had another kid a year later...

Comment

Thanks all for taking the time to respond

Comment

Working...
                      X