Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Worried About What Sex Will Be Like After Giving Birth? - Discuss

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Are You Worried About What Sex Will Be Like After Giving Birth? - Discuss

Have you ever heard that your sex life will be totally wrecked after having a baby? I have. But, don't worry! Your sex life might actually improve after birth!

If you have gone through this already or are currently worried about how having a baby will impact your sex life we are eager to hear your experience and story!

To help ease your mind, I wrote a comprehensive article on everything you need to know about sex after baby.

You can read it here: www.womens-health.com/sex-after-baby

• Great article!
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• jns - I thought so too, jns! As someone without children, it gives me some hope that if children ever become a part of my future it does not have to be the end of sex. And most importantly, it reinforces how important a healthy sex life is to a relationship, especially with children!
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I think that it's normal to have a decreased sex drive after giving birth. The first three months, I wondered: would I ever want sex again? The baby came but the sex went. It was awful and terrifying! Our baby boy slept right next to our bed and I felt too uncomfortable because of this constant closeness. But when my son grew up to 3 months I decided to put him to his own sleeping place in a separate room (play yard became our lifebuoy. Everything has changed from that time (; Luckily, nothing is permanent.
        Last edited by Ashlee T.; 11-07-2019, 11:58 AM. Reason: Removed product link - no outbound linking permitted.

Comment

• Thanks for your comment Hannah - I agree, as soon as the baby was moved further away from us, we definitely found it easier to be intimate!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X