Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ending constipation 4 a 2 year old

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• ending constipation 4 a 2 year old

hi everyone. i need some help. i have a 2 year old that has trouble doing is #2 business. we have tried everything stoolsofteners, rasins, prun juice, plum juice, u name it i've tried it. but still my son doesn't use the bathroom like he should, them when he does it hurts him like crazy. im not trying to sound gross, i just dont want him to be in pain. please help!!

• [QUOTE=jessica;47934]hi everyone. i need some help. i have a 2 year old that has trouble doing is #2 business. we have tried everything stoolsofteners, rasins, prun juice, plum juice, u name it i've tried it. but still my son doesn't use the bathroom like he should, them when he does it hurts him like crazy. im not trying to sound gross, i just dont want him to be in pain. please help!![/QUOTE/]

I know how you feel Jessica, my son has had the same problem since about the same age. He's 5 and a half now and still tries to avoid going to the loo. He'll hold it in for days at a time and then like you said it hurts when he goes. I think it started after a viral infection when he was very young which made him constipated. It's a nightmare going on holiday or just out for the day because he refuses to use anyone else's loo. By the time he actually goes, the poo is so big it's hard to imagine how he ever got it out! I've tried lactulose solution but there are times when he'll have small "accidents" because he hasn't gone to the loo when he needed to. I don't understand it but try not to make a big deal in the hope that the problem will sort itself out.

Sorry I can't offer any help, just the knowledge that you're not alone.

Comment

• thank you yeah it does make me feel bad for him especially when there isn't anything i know to do.

Comment

• Is he getting enough fluids?

I'm just wondering if your son is drinking enough fluids. Fiber is another thing of course. I just wonder if a good dose of Homozon might not help. I take it daily. It's an oxygen type of product that involves magnesium. Hmmmmmm......just a bit of magnesium might help out some too. I personally think that the homozon product is a life saver. I've researched oxygen type therpies and think it may just be the most profound thing I have uncovered. There's a good book out there that will help anyone to understand all that oxygen/ozone can do for you. It's called "Flood your body with oxygen" by Ed McCabe. I'm all set to read it once again as I feel it's something I need to ingrain in me. Anyway, look into the Homozon for your son and yourself.

Comment

• I believe a child fleets enema would be worth trying.
          If this does not work maybe using a bag enema would
          be beneficial.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

Today, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

Today, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X