Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am i growing up too fast?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• am i growing up too fast?

i've been with my boyfriend for 18 months and we recently moved out together. im 18 and he's 4 years older. we were already living together at my parents house for almost a year so there were not too many surprises when we moved. the reason we moved was because of his job.. now all i do is sit at home in a city i dont know and have no way of transportation. i had access to my parents car whenever i wanted back home. i miss my life back at home! i miss my job and being able to go visit my friends when ever i wanted...now i jus feel stuck.. i have to wait for him to do anything around here, like i have no life! maybe i'm growing up way too fast i dont know..i need help

• I was there once too

Look, from my experience, when I 'abandonned' my family for my ex, it was very very lonely. He was my whole world. As time went by, we grew apart because I was his shadow. I was no longer the girl he fell in love with and he was no longer my knight in shining armor. Basically, I took on his identity in a way. I felt trapped. Kids came along. It got worse. Look, Jenny, my advice to you is that you don't do what I did. You still have your life. Get a job. Don't worry about what kind. As long as it keeps you happy and satisfied. Get yourself a car. Call up your friends for support. Make dates with them to keep up on eachothers lives. Don't lose touch with your family. Because in the event that something bad should happen, you are gonna want them there.

Comment

• thank you so much for your input! i dont feel like i "abandonned" anybody. i go back to my parents house every weekend and i spend time with them... i talk to my friends every day and i see them when i go back to town! as for a car, my dad just got me one so im excited about that! so within the next couple of weeks i will be looking for a job and hopefully i wont feel so lonely!!

Comment

• I'm Happy For You!

Way to go girl! I am truley happy for you! See, it's not so bad when you talk about it. Sometimes you get to see that it could be worse. I am glad I was able to help a bit. Good luck on job hunting!

Comment

• thanks for taking the time to reply...it really did help !! i will be getting my car this weekend!!

Comment

• I'm so glad to hear that everything is coming together for you!! No one should ever feel trapped. When I'm in a new place, I like to explore and meet new people. The best place to meet people is in the workplace, so I hope you get a job soon! Get your friends to come visit you once in a while, so you can feel like you're still a part of their lives. I also like to hit the gym and meet the people there. The community at the gym is so fantastic. You're around a ton of healthy and driven people.

Well, best of luck with everything!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

Still, I have an opinion that it could go either way here. I think sometimes that things will never be the same, then I think that we'll all just go back...

Today, 05:00 AM By atskitty2
            • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Thanks Still. I'll have to give that a try when the corn is best later this summer.

Today, 04:30 AM By atskitty2
            • Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

When were they ever normal? In my experience, life is a war. The moments when things are going relatively well are just brief breaks in the ongoing stream...

Today, 01:13 AM By Stillness
            • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Yes. I use an instant pot.

The last thing I made was corn on the cob.

Ingredients: Shucked corn

Directions: Place...

Today, 12:21 AM By Stillness
            • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
            • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
            • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
              he's at higher risk
              his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
            Working...
            X