Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have i lost her, did i ever have her?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Have i lost her, did i ever have her?

I met my girlfriend for her dads 60th in Canada, travelled from the UK to see her.

Hadn't seen her in months but we were literally inseperable every day on the phone/tects etc, literally hundreds of messages each day.

When i arrived there it was like i met someone else. She kinda ignored me alot, spent most of her time with her family.

We met her cousin who is our age, but before that me her sis and mum were standing there and we were taling about him and she said he was SO hot when he was youynger, her mum said "coulda been awkward between you 2 as you didn't know you were cousins until a few years ago" she said "uhhhh im not so sure it wasn't awkwrd lol, we were together a few times but never had sex lol". this was infront of me. Then when he walks in she's jumping all over him and kissing him and holding hes hand and linking hes arms all night etc. She introduced me for a sec then went outside smoking with him laiughing at the top of her voice for 20 mins.

Anyway, we went out on our last night to the bar. the SECOND we came in, this really handsome tall guy spotted her, walked STRAIGHT up to her and said wow you're beautiful. She gave him a smile i've never seen before. I said "I think you have an admirer" and left to the bathroom, i came back and spent most of the night with her sister and dad, while she spent most of the night with this new guy and her cousin she likes.

Now take into account she was the opposite of this person on the phon/text. I even gave her these scenario's before saying "babe id be so embarrassed if you were flirting or totally ignoring me leaving me standing there when we were out, having some guy looking at me thinking "dude if you weren't here i'd SO be getting laid with your woman" and she was like "Don't be so stupid! i'd never leave your side"... so to my shock when all this happened... i wanted to run away.

• Was this the first time you met in person?

Comment

• Kitty asked and I'll assume that this is the first time you two met in person. Having it happen at an event that is about someone else is awkward. It does not leave the two of you enough personal time to cement the relationship together. It's kind of like double dating, only worse. Generally, relationships that last have to have memories of things done together by just the two of you.

Some parts of personality do not come across well by phone, email, video chat, etc. Flirting with others is one of them. Being outrageous at times may be another.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Well, I think she has been incredibly rude and disrespectful. Do you really want to be with someone like that? If my boyfriend did that, he'd be gone faster than you can say "I've had enough of this". Do not accept this behaviour. Tell her what you think and don't put up with it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X