Women’s Health Interactive Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever dated someone of a different race than yourself?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All
new posts

  • Have you ever dated someone of a different race than yourself?

    As many of you may not know, but I am of Indian heritage (from India the country, not Native American, lol). While I am attracted to Indian women (and latina women and middle eastern women), I have always been most attracted to white women, especially brunettes. I have never dated one though, but would love to. Although of course I would imagine most white women aren't attracted to brown men, lol. We don't have the reputation that some other men have for being athletic in bed, super romantic, or well endowed.

    Has anyone here ever been in an interracial relationship? How has your experience been? Are there certain races or ethnicities you find yourself attracted to you? Would you consider dating or even marriage outside your race?

  • I'm a white woman and i have dated Indian men. I am attracted less to a physical type than a personality type i guess.

    I would date and marry outside my race, absolutely.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
      I'm a white woman and i have dated Indian men. I am attracted less to a physical type than a personality type i guess.

      I would date and marry outside my race, absolutely.
      Interesting. I take it you enjoyed your time Indian men...

      A few of my friends are Indian or middle eastern guys who ended up dating or marrying white women. So it is possible. I just always get extra nervous around brunettes, lol.

      Comment


      • The last Indian man I dated was great. He is a great guy. I found several issues with him that I couldn't get past. One was feeling a bit like I was a show piece. He'd notice and comment on the looks we were getting in public, while I never really noticed. He thought he was dating a superhero or something. Constantly posting. to social media

        Comment


        • Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
          The last Indian man I dated was great. He is a great guy. I found several issues with him that I couldn't get past. One was feeling a bit like I was a show piece. He'd notice and comment on the looks we were getting in public, while I never really noticed. He thought he was dating a superhero or something. Constantly posting. to social media
          Maybe you're just really pretty!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
            He'd notice and comment on the looks we were getting in public, while I never really noticed.
            since he was non white he was probably used to people noticing him plus with a white woman on his arm, there would be more attention and he'd be more attuned to noticing

            we used to get lots of attention/comments since our child is another race and still do get comments/questions

            Comment


            • Well I can understand why, it was more his attention to it than theirs. He'd say things about white men being jealous (and Indians) that he'd "taken" one of their beautiful women. It was very off putting to me. I told him once that i didn't care for that ideaology.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                He'd say things about white men being jealous (and Indians) that he'd "taken" one of their beautiful women.
                that is definitely weird, kitty


                adub
                how do your friends deal? especially those with children?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by a_dub View Post
                  Has anyone here ever been in an interracial relationship? How has your experience been? Are there certain races or ethnicities you find yourself attracted to you? Would you consider dating or even marriage outside your race?
                  I am Europid (I dislike using color to classify people except where people self describe themselves by color) and my wife of 27 years is east Asian from Southeast Asia. I see attractive women from all racial and ethnic groups. When I was dating, I mostly dated women who had a darker complexion than I have. Finding a woman attractive and considering her for marriage are different things since compatibility comes into play. Some societies are more open to inter-ethnic marriages than others.
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  ...
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

                  From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by amy40 View Post


                    adub
                    how do your friends deal? especially those with children?
                    So far only one of my interracial friends has kids...and their daughter is just a couple months old, so no reactions on that part yet. My buddy is brown and his wife is white. My buddy though has managed to get harassed on at least a couple of occaisions due to his race/ethnicity.

                    My other friend is white and her husband is brown. They don't have kids yet.

                    Another friend of mine is middle eastern (fair skinned, but looks foreign) and is dating an Eastern European woman. Again no kids, and I haven't seen them in a few years so I would have to ask how their families and others are reacting.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by a_dub View Post
                      So far only one of my interracial friends has kids...and their daughter is just a couple months old, so no reactions on that part yet. My buddy is brown and his wife is white. My buddy though has managed to get harassed on at least a couple of occaisions due to his race/ethnicity.
                      the most concern would be for any children
                      if you live in a diverse area, or have diverse schools, it would be much better for children

                      Comment


                      • No, I've only dated individuals of the human race.

                        One time my best friend arranged a double date with some Mexican girls. We were teenagers. I imagined some exotic looking, black women (that was how I thought Mexicans looked at the time). Plus I thought my friend and I had similar tastes. I was shocked and thoroughly disappointed when I met them. I'm sure I was withdrawn and jerky.

                        A white young lady was into me in college and invited me to her sorority's semi-formal dance. I was much more fun on that date because I liked her as a friend. But, I was just too much of a racist to have an actual interest in anyone I identified as non-black when I was dating.

                        I don't believe in race anymore and I find all sorts of ethnicities attractive. If I was dating again, the issue for me would be more of culture, worldview, personality, and goals. Marriage is so difficult that I would be hesitant to date a non-American without a similar background for fear that we'd have a disconnect. I still prefer brown-black skinned women just from a physical perspective, too.

                        Speaking of Indians (from India the country, not Native American), I've seen some Indian women that are just jaw-droppingly beautiful.
                        "Those sowing seed with tears
                        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                          One time my best friend arranged a double date with some Mexican girls. We were teenagers. I imagined some exotic looking, black women (that was how I thought Mexicans looked at the time). Plus I thought my friend and I had similar tastes. I was shocked and thoroughly disappointed when I met them. I'm sure I was withdrawn and jerky.
                          I one time dated a lady from Veracruz, Mexico who had a very dark complexion and was probably your description of an exotic looking black woman. She had both African and Spanish features.
                          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                          ...
                          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

                          From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

                          Comment

                          Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

                          Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

                          Latest Posts in Our Forums

                          Collapse

                          Latest Topics in Our Forums

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X