Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crush on an extremely attractive and popular guy at my school

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Crush on an extremely attractive and popular guy at my school

I know a guy at my school who is supremely attractive, and I would really want to make contact with him in some way.
    He is exactly the type of guy that I have always dreamed of:
    he is probaby about 6'5 tall (I love that height on guys), he has truly beautiful eyes, his lips look great, and he has large broad shoulders, large arms, and a really great-looking body in general.
    I can never get used to how absolutely gorgeous he is, and I find myself staring a bit too much every time I see him.

Of course, a guy like him has a lot of other admirers as well, and it seems like I will have a lot of competition.
    I have seen him sit and kiss probably 4-5 different girls since last summer, and all of them have seemed to really enjoy it a lot and been all giggly and romantic with him, so he is probably a really good kisser as well.
    But how am I supposed to make contact with him?
    I am really shy of him, and it seems like he always has a girlfriend, and I have also seen several girls walk up to him and talk, then give him their number, so he isn't even making an effort, he just gets approached and asked out all the time like that out of nowhere.
    I don't think he notices me when I walk past him, except when I try to make eye contact with him, and he mostly looks a bit curious when he looks back at me and then looks away.
    I am also worried that I will be rejected or dumped - most guys typically think that I am cute and attractive etc, but my crush always gets attention from very attractive girls, and even they often look very average compared to him - that's how good-looking he is.
    Is there some way for someone who's shy to approach him and talk to him for a while, like maybe asking him for help with something or something like that?

• Do you know what he's interested in? Is he athletic, or is in a club or set of classes that would indicate what his interests are? Maybe a foreign language club? Choir? Drama? Cooking club? Swimming? Photography, etc. Start there. See if there's something you both have an experience or common interest in.

If he's constantly being hit on, he may appreciate someone who simply approaches with a friendly conversation about mutual interests. I wouldn't offer my number or attach any expectations to it, just chat with him, and see how that goes. If he asks for your number or twitter handle, or whatever is popular with you guys, give it to him, but just maintain cool and keep it short and unassuming. It's a nice way to break the ice, shows confidence and will perhaps leave him wanting to continue the conversation with you, at which time, he can reach out for more contact.

Good luck.

Comment

• You could sneakily get his attention by "accidentally" dropping your books when he walks past and seeing if he stops and helps. Or you could find an excuse to get him to talk to you: like you need someone for a project you're doing and he is the perfect person for it. Don't worry about being shy: just be brave and talk to him. Yes: there will be competition, but go get your man!

Comment

• Thank you.
        I have been oberving him a lot from a distance and he seems like a really wonderful guy as well, always has a sweet smile while he talks to other people and seems very kind to them.
        He has also shown that he can be very strict if him needs to be that, and can raise his voice an sound very commanding when necessary (like if someone has misbehaved somewhere, for example), so he seems to be very assertive as well, which is great.

I just feel a bit weird about how he affects me so much in general;
        my image of him so far --- his incredible beauty combined with what he seems to be like --- makes me genuinely desire him and be close to him.

My first tricks had been less original things like wearing a tight tank top with cleavage or being somewhere close when I wear leggings just to tempt him to check me out, and it worked a little bit, but he probably just thinks of me as eye candy if I do that.

Another thing that makes me a bit insecure is our height differences;
        I am only 4'11, so I more or less have his chest at eye level if I stand on my tiptoes, so he really towers over me.
        Would this be a disadvantage in some way, like maybe he would feel that he would have to be very careful with me or think that I look too young next to him or something like that?
        Last edited by Katie99; 01-18-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Another side of the coin, don't shy away from his presence but don't put yourself out there too much. If he has been seen with several girls that sought out his attention and then he dropped them, be the other side. Stay interested but aloof. Don't fawn over him. Find out what he does in his spare time, just happen to be there, but not for him. He may then get interested enough to talk to you, and things can progress from there. If he seems to be not interested then you could make a more forward approach.

Good luck let us know how things progress.
          That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Be interesting. Be mysterious. Be different than what he's used to. Don't just approach him and then fall all over him drooling. Don't hand him your number. Find ways to catch his eye in a subtle way, when you do, make eye contact and grin then turn away. Guys tend to truly like women who are real, who are humble, who are quirky and funny.

And yeah, take him down off that "god pedestal" you have put him on. He's a human, just like you.

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Oh yes, I don't mean to put him on a pedestal, haha, I just mean that he is exactly the kind of guy that I have always dreamed of meeting - I honestly find absolutely everything about him hugely attractive, so he is a serious catch from what I have seen so far.

I have seen him at the school gym a couple times when I have passed by there, but I have been way too shy to approach him.
              I am not a member there however, but I have absolutely felt tempted to sneak in and "entice" him.
              Last edited by Katie99; 01-18-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Weeell I did see him at the school gym today, but I didn't really make any contact with him, since it turned out that he was there with another girl and that they were together (I saw them kiss a couple times), but I was ready for that.
                There was one moment however when he was alone for maybe 10 minutes or so, and I started wondering if I should try to at least walk up to him and talk to him a bit, but after a while I noticed that another girl at that gym was facing in his direction and looked at him, and she was wearing a tight tank top and stood and smiled shyly at him and played with her hair a lot, and then she just kept gazing softly at him nonstop.
                He pretty much just smiled back at her a little bit and looked away, and then his girlfriend came back after that.

So not only is there a lot of competition for his attention, but now I also know that he is already taken.
                Should I just give up on him now, or is there some way to still show interest in him in an appropriate way?
                Last edited by Katie99; 01-22-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katie99 View Post
                  now I also know that he is already taken.
                  are you friends with the girlfriend or know her?

when I broke up with my HS boyfriend, a girlfriend of mine asked if I minded if she started dating him
                  I was fine with it and happy someone nice started dating him and they ended up getting married

so you just never know!

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post

are you friends with the girlfriend or know her?

when I broke up with my HS boyfriend, a girlfriend of mine asked if I minded if she started dating him
                    I was fine with it and happy someone nice started dating him and they ended up getting married

so you just never know!
                    Ah, okay, great.
                    No, I don't know that girl, and she seemed to really fancy him a lot, so I don't think that she is gonna end anything with him.
                    And I also have a feeling that the girl who gazed at him will make a move as quickly as she can (given the way she looked at him and pretty much put herself on display for him), so it's also that concern, heh.
                    But maybe I could try chatting with him and hope that he might become interested in me, or at least curious about me.

Comment

hope that he might become interested in me
                      you think he has a girlfriend but still want to go after him?

are you a senior in HS?
                      are you looking for someone to take you to the prom?
                      if so, find a boy who is a friend and maybe you could go together as friends

Comment

• Do you really know that it was his girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                          Do you really know that it was his girlfriend?
                          Yes, I saw them kiss for a few seconds a couple times and then left together.

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                          you think he has a girlfriend but still want to go after him?

are you a senior in HS?
                          are you looking for someone to take you to the prom?
                          if so, find a boy who is a friend and maybe you could go together as friends
                          Yes, I am senior.
                          I will think about your advice, although I would of course love to have my crush as company.

I realise that he has a girlfriend, but it's hard to just forget about him since he perfectly matches my view of a dream guy - at least physically and from how he seems to be around people.

Comment

Ah, okay, great.
                            No, I don't know that girl, and she seemed to really fancy him a lot, so I don't think that she is gonna end anything with him.
                            And I also have a feeling that the girl who gazed at him will make a move as quickly as she can (given the way she looked at him and pretty much put herself on display for him), so it's also that concern, heh.
                            But maybe I could try chatting with him and hope that he might become interested in me, or at least curious about me.
                            How about you looking for someone that is more into you? If guy #1 is playing the field I ask if this is the guy you want long term or would it just to see if you could get him? Myself, I'd be on the lookout now for someone that wants me more than I want him. In this way you could determine whether you are compatible, like the same things, or even have a future together.

There are so many worthwhile guys out there that would love to be a one woman man. They may not be as "handsome" "cute" or "popular" but would be a loving stable partner.

Take a look around, you never know.
                            That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post

How about you looking for someone that is more into you? If guy #1 is playing the field I ask if this is the guy you want long term or would it just to see if you could get him? Myself, I'd be on the lookout now for someone that wants me more than I want him. In this way you could determine whether you are compatible, like the same things, or even have a future together.

There are so many worthwhile guys out there that would love to be a one woman man. They may not be as "handsome" "cute" or "popular" but would be a loving stable partner.

Take a look around, you never know.
                              Well, it's very tricky - I find him enormously attractive and for this reason I would probably have to be absolutely sure that he is not interested before I am ready to forget about him, otherwise I will feel that I missed one of my best chances ever. xP
                              But he also apparently has a girlfriend and then there was also that other girl at the gym who tried to flirt with him, so I am also really worried that some other girl will catch his interest if I do manage to get together with him.
                              I would really like to flirt with him myself, but it's more complicated now when I have found out that he is "taken", at least that last time I saw him at the gym.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X