Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forced to leave my kids

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Forced to leave my kids

I have a sick child and left the UK with partner to get medical help in his country. The relationship was pretty crap before, but I felt I had to go for her sake to receive therapy for a year or so. We have been here a year and since given birth to second daughter here. Now I can't by law return to UK as kids come under this jurisdiction. He threatens me with police, physical harm. I want to leave him but ibdont speak the language and have debts from the UK, no home, no friends no family. Do I leave him with the kids or stay and take his abuse. I feel extremely mentally unwell

• What country are you in? I think you may want to seek some local legal advice and get some counseling for your mental health.

I wouldn't under any circumstances leave my kids, if I ever hoped to get them back. You have placed yourself in a terrible predicament. I wish you well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wakkadoo View Post
      I have a sick child and left the UK with partner to get medical help in his country. The relationship was pretty crap before, but I felt I had to go for her sake to receive therapy for a year or so. We have been here a year and since given birth to second daughter here. Now I can't by law return to UK as kids come under this jurisdiction. He threatens me with police, physical harm. I want to leave him but ibdont speak the language and have debts from the UK, no home, no friends no family. Do I leave him with the kids or stay and take his abuse. I feel extremely mentally unwell
      You left the UK to get better healthcare in another country? Please give more information about where you are and the circumstances that caused you to move. I agree with kitty about not leaving your kids. Best wishes.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• That's terrible. I would not leave your kids. I'd seek legal advice immediately. Get all the information you need and assistance from the relevant parties. You're caught in a horrible situation, as are your children. You CAN get away from him with your children but it will take time. Definitely get legal assistance. There isn't much else I can advise, but good luck.

Comment

• Well it depends in which country you are in. Do look the laws there. I think you should tell police abut everything. don't be scare whatever they do. They'll help you instead of doing this. That person doesn't deserves you. I think you should need to take care of yourself allot. Best of luck dear. May you get well soon. Do take some serious action. Don't let him do anything like this. ever again.

Comment

• Well it depends in which country you are in. Do look the laws there. I think you should tell police abut everything. don't be scare whatever they do. They'll help you instead of doing this. That person doesn't deserves you. I think you should need to take care of yourself allot. Best of luck dear. May you get well soon. Do take some serious action. Don't let him do anything like this. ever again.

Comment

• This can only be a muslim country she's talking about. Can you think of any other culture that would effectively imprison a woman this way?

Comment

• Do you have contact with family/friends in UK? There may be some help available from UK Foreign Office or your constituency MP. I hope that things are improving for you.

Comment

• It could also be worth contacting British Consulate where you are?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X