• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men never seem interested in me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men never seem interested in me

I feel so sad, never dated anyone or had a boyfriend in my life before at the age of 22. 5í4 and 120 lbs. I havenít tried online dating before but whenever I am out in public, men never seem interested in me, never even return eye contact or approach me, never really hit on me, and it just makes me feel like I am ugly and can't attract anyone-like why canít I get dates or find someone to even like me?
    Last edited by nietzo; 02-21-2018, 10:36 PM.

Do you look typical of your age group? Grooming, clothes, hair style, makeup, etc.?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post
      Do you look typical of your age group? Grooming, clothes, hair style, makeup, etc.?
      People always say I look young/youthful and that I have good skin. Sometimes I put on makeup, but even with makeup on, I still don't really get attention. I guess I dress modestly, I don't show off my body that much (like short skirt, top that shows my belly, or a very low cut top that exposes my chest). I am more of a leggings and a nice/cute top type of girl.
      Last edited by nietzo; 02-21-2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

What is your personality and demeanor like? Are you smiling and friendly? Open to conversation?
        Do you speak first?

Comment

Where do you go to meet people? The bar scene can be so superficial and many hook ups are based on looks, clothing (or lack thereof) or alcohol in general. What do you like to do, what are you good at? Are there places where you can go that are in line with your likes? You may also consider that not all men are out on a hunt. It may be up to you to approach them to make an introduction. Find some good conversation starters and go to it.

Comment

I think to have men attracted to you, you need personal power: for instance, are you good at painting? Are you good at writing? Whatever you're good at, make the most of. Go to a painting class, go to a book group or writing class. Learn to feel good about yourself and believe in yourself and you'll shine. If you sit there lonely and think "no one likes me" funnily enough, no one will like you. If you saw a man sitting in the corner of the room on his own and miserable, you wouldn't want to date him, would you? I think you need to start increasing your self esteem. You have to be happy single in order to be happy in a relationship.

Comment

Working...
            X