Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He lives with his ex (it's "complicated")

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I'd still be rather tentative in my relationship with him, honestly. "I don't feel the same about her, as I do you"...? That doesn't say, I have no feelings for her.
    Depending on his communication skill and style, that may not be a telling statement, but I'd keep my eyes peeled and guard up.

So has she been unemployed or underemployed the two years she's lived there? What reason is there to think she's soon to change that? And what exactly is "suitable" for her?

Comment

• There's no way of telling what the future holds.
      Do I trust the man and believe the things I'm told?
      it sometimes makes me worried,
      it sometimes makes me sad.
      Will my love fare the journey
      or will it all turn bad.

Comment

• Beautiful, HaggisBasher.

Comment

• "Complicated," is one thing.
          Continuing on like you are is something else, and not a good thing.

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I have discussed how much the situation is hurting me yet again with my partner. He has reassured me that he loves me and that I'm his number one. His solution is that he will spend more time with me. This is after I asked for a time out of a week without contact. He has also told me that when he leave the "marital" home he will give it to his ex. Very nice for her. I don't know how or where he anticipates living after then - it is still a "sometime in the future" deal. I think I am showing signs of madness now, doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome. It doesn't seem like he is willing to change anything, although he says he has told his ex that he would choose me over her. We have discussed that choice but he has the guilt card of "there's a child involved", although it's not his child (I do wonder about that). Ok, so I guess I'm answering my own question now and it seems like it is time to leave what is a very sad situation for me. I need to find the strength to do it and make a clean break (like he can't from his ex!). Any words of encouragement, or have I got thi wrong and should I give it another chance? Maybe I'm clutching at straws but I still want to try to find a way to make it work

Comment

• Speaking of the child: the boy is 10, they split up 10 years ago... Unless she was cheating on him, the boy is likely his.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
              • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              Working...
              X