Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Someone is Mad at You..........

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I have to agree, Texasred. There ARE people who create drama and thrive off it. Thankfully I am not one of those people.

Comment

• I agree with adub. Having worked in environments that were predominantly male and others (like this one) that are predominantly female, the drama is MUCH more present with the latter. There are always exceptions to the rule, but it seems that men are not necessary LESS emotional they just are more prone to compartmentalize their emotions. For example, the environment I worked in that was nearly all male: They were certainly competitive. They had their likes and dislikes of each other. But from the outside looking in it was never really apparent. There was never anyone pouting because they got upset with something one of the other guys did. There was no cold shoulder. The men just didn't seem to get upset much.

Fast forward to predominantly women: TOTAL opposite. On any given week, someone is in their office crying, in someone else's office talking about the person down the hall, complaining about their workload, whining because this person gets to do this and they don't, upset that someone said something in a "tone" they didn't like......etc. I'm not exaggerating.

I have NEVER had a guy friend give me the cold shoulder over something I didn't even know I did. I have also never had a male coworker treat me in a way that made me think "Is he upset with me over something?"

The differences in the dynamics are very interesting. I guess it's clear which one I prefer. As for my current issue, I believe that if my mindset were coherent and reasonable enough to think "I better keep my distance so I don't ruin our relationship", I would also be clear enough to tell myself that I must not allow my behavior toward that person to reflect anything abnormal. If I knew it was just something I needed to "get over", I would not make her pay the price for that by treating her differently. On the other hand, if I felt she had truly done something wrong to me, I would tell her. And if I felt uncomfortable bringing it up, I would CERTAINLY tell her when she asked me multiple times if everything was okay.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
        I agree with adub. Having worked in environments that were predominantly male and others (like this one) that are predominantly female, the drama is MUCH more present with the latter. There are always exceptions to the rule, but it seems that men are not necessary LESS emotional they just are more prone to compartmentalize their emotions. For example, the environment I worked in that was nearly all male: They were certainly competitive. They had their likes and dislikes of each other. But from the outside looking in it was never really apparent. There was never anyone pouting because they got upset with something one of the other guys did. There was no cold shoulder. The men just didn't seem to get upset much.

Fast forward to predominantly women: TOTAL opposite. On any given week, someone is in their office crying, in someone else's office talking about the person down the hall, complaining about their workload, whining because this person gets to do this and they don't, upset that someone said something in a "tone" they didn't like......etc. I'm not exaggerating.

I have NEVER had a guy friend give me the cold shoulder over something I didn't even know I did. I have also never had a male coworker treat me in a way that made me think "Is he upset with me over something?"

The differences in the dynamics are very interesting. I guess it's clear which one I prefer. As for my current issue, I believe that if my mindset were coherent and reasonable enough to think "I better keep my distance so I don't ruin our relationship", I would also be clear enough to tell myself that I must not allow my behavior toward that person to reflect anything abnormal. If I knew it was just something I needed to "get over", I would not make her pay the price for that by treating her differently. On the other hand, if I felt she had truly done something wrong to me, I would tell her. And if I felt uncomfortable bringing it up, I would CERTAINLY tell her when she asked me multiple times if everything was okay.
        It is always good to hear from someone who has actually experienced something instead of always "data from studies".
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Why do you think women are like this? Is it our hormones?

I was never one of those women, and generally steer away from the drama in any setting, work or personal life. Even when I was younger. I think I went through a phase that I involved myself in some antics, but quickly found my fault and made it right...

I've worked with some vicious women, and never understood the motivation other than pure meanness and/or jealousy.

Any other thoughts?

The men I've seen behave this way has been more out of ambition I thought. An intense drive and the willingness to step on anyone and everyone to accomplish a goal. In so doing, typically ruined their reputation however. It seems that it's expected and nearly acceptable for women, but a man who involved himself in these situations is less accepted by his peers or superiors...
          Anyone with similar experience?

Comment

• don't remember much drama from any jobs but maybe it's because I never worked yrs and yrs at any one job
            longest ever worked anywhere was about 4 yrs
            anywhere else when a yr hit was ready to move on to something else

Comment

• I never made friends being a supervisor only when on same level as co-workers

at mostly women places of work, some of us made friends and would socialize after work (the one thing I miss about work)

Comment

• I called her into my office and talked last week. I think it's just been her depression. Once I called her attention to it one on one in a more serious setting, she said she had been going through some things and was just trying to "focus" and not get emotionally sidetracked. In other words, I think she's been struggling with her depression again and gets so engulfed in herself that she doesn't necessarily even realize what it looks like to anyone else. I told her I care about her and am always going to be worried if I sense something is wrong. She seemed thankful for my care and we moved past it. She has seemed better since.

kitty - no clue other than just something innate in most women. Lol
                "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I'm glad she was able to confide in you, Beautiful Disaster. It is always good when situations are resolved. You did an excellent job of getting her to talk to you. You're obviously very tactful and mature. I am sure things will continue to be right as they can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                    Why do you think women are like this? Is it our hormones?

I was never one of those women, and generally steer away from the drama in any setting, work or personal life. Even when I was younger. I think I went through a phase that I involved myself in some antics, but quickly found my fault and made it right...

I've worked with some vicious women, and never understood the motivation other than pure meanness and/or jealousy.

Any other thoughts?

The men I've seen behave this way has been more out of ambition I thought. An intense drive and the willingness to step on anyone and everyone to accomplish a goal. In so doing, typically ruined their reputation however. It seems that it's expected and nearly acceptable for women, but a man who involved himself in these situations is less accepted by his peers or superiors...
                    Anyone with similar experience?
                    Sorry you asked me what I thought on the previous page and that was like 4 months ago, lol. Haven't logged on much and just saw this now.

Hormones I think are certainly a part of it.

But I think women probably process information differently. Actually we know that they do. But maybe that also applies to how we perceive other people's actions and then also how we should react.

I think men are a lot more direct. if something or someone is bugging us we are more likely to say "Yo, cut it out". Versus I think most women would instead confide in someone (probably another woman) and then it becomes gossipy, but also doesn't address the root issue which is someone doing something annoying or inappropriate.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Very light brown discharge

Hello all, I had very light brown discharge yesterday that did not last very long and hasn't happened since. My period should be starting any day now,...

Today, 10:41 AM By Emit
                    • Reply to Hoo hot for sex?

Refresh my memory Muffin, how old are you and your wife? It can get pretty hot in the summer in Canada and where I live humidity can be a killer as well,...

Today, 07:26 AM By Claret
                    • Reply to How to gain weight fast?

Hi,
                      Try some fatty foods eat burgers, pizzas etc. Consume carbs as much as you can. Else if you want to take any supplement take double XXL gainer...

Today, 04:24 AM By paulgonzales86
                    • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

Yesterday, 06:29 PM By muffin70
                    • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

CapeCRunner - Were you posting here back when kiddo #1 was born? For some reason I feel that I remember when you became pregnant for the first time. Anyway,...

Yesterday, 05:59 PM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X