Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do men secretly wish they had a younger model?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do men secretly wish they had a younger model?

Just curious, and not sure if this is the right section to post but I’m wondering how many men would secretly prefer to be with someone younger and in better condition than the woman they’re with now if they could ....I guess I’m interested in opinions anyone 50 and over.

You see so many men divorced and taking up with a woman much younger than their ex-wife. In my opinion I feel it’s more common than an older woman going off with a younger man.

Do men in in long term relationships still find their middle aged wife/partner attractive and desirable?

• I think men in long term relationships find their middle aged wife/partner attractive and desirable as long as their relationship is good. If their relationship is bad or ends I think it is fairly common for them to pursue younger women, even those just out of school in some cases. There are a number of reasons for this. First, the underlying biology drives them toward a woman that can have a child whether they want to have a child or not. Secondly, there are a lot more women who aren't in relationships and who are looking for one among younger women. Thirdly, an older man often brings experience, a solid background and financial security to the table, things that a lot of women find desirable. The young woman brings her youth, her enthusiasm and her youthful outlook to the table which can lead the man to want to relive his younger days. The young woman also is not set in her ways as much which helps the relationship along.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40
      as someone who's been married for a while, can tell you what my husband has said probably within last yr or two

the fresh out of college twentysomethings who've been hired where he works drive him crazy and even some approaching 30
      he finds the younger people entitled, not very disciplined nor dedicated, etc
      plus he hates tatoos and piercings which some of the younger set have
      he's very work oriented so finds the younger workers undisciplined plus they leave within a year or two cause they feel they deserve more money right away w/o even working for it
      some of them dress bizarre, too he's said so no....he's not trading me in
      Interesting. Maybe it was the jobs, the applicants and the people doing the hiring.

I did some part time training of newly hired engineers out of college in the last few years of my career. I trained both men and women. The training was part of a rotation program to give them a feel for the jobs they might be assigned to and allowed the managers to see and test the new talent. They were later assigned to permanent positions. I found them all to be smart, clever and eager to learn. The wages and benefits were such that few would leave in the short term. Wages increased the first few years as they went up steps and additionally moved up if they got their professional certification. None were undisciplined. None dressed bizarrely, but if they did that and it was disruptive, they could have been terminated during probation if they did take corrective action after being told about it.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I think many men want a younger woman, sure. Many men don't. Depends on the man and what he wants and it's not always about the "model" appearance or the perceived vitality that youth brings. Sometimes we find the qualities we want in a person that just happens to be younger, or older...it's not really about the age.

I believe Ashlee is with a younger man. I've been seeing a younger man recently.

Age means very little to me. I've dated older, younger and my age. It's about what we're looking for.

Comment

• I suppose some men don't, some men do. It all depends on the bloke himself. Of course there are also women who want to date younger people. There is no stereotype. Younger people can be a change and offer a different way to approach a relationship/fling/affair/whatever. And many do experiment by dating younger people.

Personally, I prefer older men. I am no spring chicken, but I would not date a younger guy. Older men have always appealed far more for me.

Again, though, it depends on the person's preference.

Comment

• Each person brings his own set of experiences and values, ultimately generalization doesn't provide any useful information.
            We cannot look at a 20-30something and expect the level of experience of a 50something.
            Occasionally we might meet someone in her 30's who has a vast experience, simply being unassuming about it.

Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

Comment

• In my case, it's a good thing my husband prefers older women. I'm older than him in years (not that many, but still) and we are same level in education (University grads) and levels of experiences.
              That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Funnily enough, I was walking to the shop when I saw this older man driving a car, flirting quite outrageously with a 14 year old girl. She seemed very flattered. She was with her friends and they all chatted. She was, obviously, very attractive to him. Of course, your post isn't referring to that age group, but the point is youth is appealing. [However, 14 year old girls and boys should never be hit on by an adult.]

Attraction is there, regardless of age [within reason]. I don't see a problem with a 20 year age difference between two people. The year you're put on the planet should not necessarily mean two people can't be together [in adulthood]. Men do love a younger model often, but it depends on the man. I would happily date an older man. So, I'd be happy he wanted me, even though I was younger!

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
                  Funnily enough, I was walking to the shop when I saw this older man driving a car, flirting quite outrageously with a 14 year old girl. She seemed very flattered. She was with her friends and they all chatted. She was, obviously, very attractive to him. Of course, your post isn't referring to that age group, but the point is youth is appealing. [However, 14 year old girls and boys should never be hit on by an adult.]
                  The question I have is this: how did he know that this girl was 14 instead of 18?

Youth can be appealing and it can also be annoying. Once I was past the stage of youth I realized that I really didn't want a relationship with a woman of that age category.

Comment

• God knows. But she seemed to feel extremely flattered. That's the way of things, though.

Comment

• Well, jns, I'm not sure it's always a meaningful, committed relationship some want. It's just a romp, or fun they're looking for. And again, that can be with any age.

Comment

• You're right there, atskitty2.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
                        • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
                        • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
                        • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

07-20-2019, 01:51 AM By driiols
                        • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
                        • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
                        • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
                        • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                          I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
                        • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
                        Working...
                        X