Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attractiveness

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Attractiveness

Do you think you're attractive?

How do you compare the difference to being handsome to sexy?

• Unless you post a rather more complete photograph somewhere it would be really hard to tell. How do I compare handsome to sexy? Handsome can be a general physical appearance that would be attractive to another individual. So, purely based upon looks. Sexy on the other hand can be a quirky smile, sense of humour, way to speak, walk, an intensity in the eyes when speaking directly to people. So to me, sexy people do not necessarily need to be the handsome individuals. Some imperfections can add mystique and mystery to a person, can add interest.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• I agree with Claret. I see some men, and women, that are probably not considered traditionally "attractive" or appealing to the eye, but they have just that "something". There's an energy about certain people, and that draws me, that attracts me much more than their physical appearance. So, while I certainly enjoy looking at beautiful men and women, they may not be people I'm attracted to in the sense that I want to get to know them, or date them.

Comment

• What is this, Hot or Not?

Attractiveness is subjective. There may be general standards of attractiveness on a societal level, but on an individual basis those standards may be very different.

If I think a man is handsome, I generally also think he is sexy. There are times when I can recognize a man as societies interpretation of handsome, but not be attracted to him myself.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I'm very attractive and love my looks!

Comment

• It really is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've often thought that I get much more "attention", more looks and compliments when I'm not fixed up.
            Maybe it's the confidence that shows through, when make up and hair aren't such a distraction?

Comment

• Handsome

adjective: handsome; comparative adjective: handsomer; superlative adjective: handsomest
              1. (of a man) good-looking.
                synonyms: good-looking, nice-looking, attractive, personable, striking, stunning, fine, well proportioned, well formed; More
                antonyms: ugly
              2. (of a woman) striking and imposing rather than conventionally pretty.
                • synonyms: striking, imposing, prepossessing, elegant, stately, dignified, statuesque, good-looking, nice-looking, attractive, personable
                  "a handsome woman of 30"
                  antonyms: plain
              I had to look it up, and found it's considered as gender specific.

Ultimately a subjective view and often country-specific.
              Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

Comment

• Thank you for your post, Maximus: I found it useful and accurate.

I am sure everyone on here will feel the same.

Comment

• Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. Men I find attractive and sexy, others don't. I love my own looks. Although I have a few insecurities, but I never dwell on them. I like my mouth: I have perfect teeth and love wearing lipstick daily now. I also love having regular manicures and plucking my eyebrows.

I am glad to be this way and wouldn't change my looks for the world!

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
                    I'm very attractive and love my looks!
                    That's the most attractive quality in anyone
                    ???

Comment

• You've got a point, MrMr: being big headed is not attractive. But I do like my looks. At the end of the day I have to live with my looks every time I look in the mirror to brush my teeth in the morning. I feel it important to like how I look and to make the most of my looks with makeup and regular showers: that kind of thing. Still, arrogance is not attractive: I agree.

Again, you've made an important point, MrMr and I see what you mean. And whenever someone asks me if I'm attractive, I will say I am, out of what I know in my heart and what my mother taught me. It is genuine pride.

Comment

You've got a point, MrMr: being big headed is not attractive. But I do like my looks. At the end of the day I have to live with my looks every time I look in the mirror to brush my teeth in the morning. I feel it important to like how I look and to make the most of my looks with makeup and regular showers: that kind of thing. Still, arrogance is not attractive: I agree.

Again, you've made an important point, MrMr and I see what you mean. And whenever someone asks me if I'm attractive, I will say I am, out of what I know in my heart and what my mother taught me. It is genuine pride.
                        I have no doubt you're very attractive

Comment

• Thank you, MrMr!

Comment

Thank you, MrMr!
                            You're most welcome ????

Comment

• I thought Handsome only applied to men??
                              e.g. Mario Lopez is very Handsome (well that's what my wife thinks anyway!)

My wife doesn't think she is very sexy but I think she is and I tell her regularly

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
                              • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
                              • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
                              • Hello All

Hi everyone,
                                I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
                              • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
                              Working...
                              X