Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?

If you have experienced real connection with a kindred spirit, soulmate or twin flame (or maybe even all of them), we'd love to hear your experience. What did you learn?

I wrote this article to explain the differences in the types of soul connections you may encounter in life and how to identify, appreciate, and learn from them.

You can read the entire article here:

https://www.womens-health.com/kindre...ate-twin-flame

• I do believe in soulmates and angels. I also believe in demons and the anti-christ. That isn't to say I follow the devil - I NEVER will - but I do believe he exists. I do also believe God is there and protects people from the devil. In my world, angels and soulmates do exist and do help us all on our life journey. Because we are guided from above, away from the darkness and into the light.

Angels watch over us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
      I do believe in soulmates and angels. I also believe in demons and the anti-christ. That isn't to say I follow the devil - I NEVER will - but I do believe he exists. I do also believe God is there and protects people from the devil. In my world, angels and soulmates do exist and do help us all on our life journey. Because we are guided from above, away from the darkness and into the light.

Angels watch over us.
      Thanks for weighing in on the topic! I like to think we have help along our journey, as well — from soulmates, and from above.

Comment

• I have tried to be completely scientific and know things that happen are due to scientific reasons: but I can't help believing there is a world beyond this one: that we are all part of something greater. I KNOW science explains the world and universe, but I still somehow know God exists.

I look to God for answers, rather than - to be blunt - the "devil". A good friend once told me that the "devil" wasn't an evil person as such, but a entity/some sort of spirit or negative energy. I happen to agree with my friend on that.

Back to God: I do know - in my heart - that I have a guardian angel. I also believe we all have a soul. I believe Jesus rose from the dead. But I know that not all of it is technically true: such as Adam and Eve. It is a beautiful story, but we came from evolution: just ask Darwin. I also believe no one roasts in hell for having money or getting angry when they're wronged. These are the beliefs the nuns tried to make my aunt believe. True story.

Anyway, those are my beliefs. Although I know that mythology is exactly that. The Greeks had beautiful stories about their gods and goddesses and they make exciting reading. I can understand why the Greeks loved them so much.

Comment

• I’ve always been fascinated by mythology for that reason — the stories are enchanting and sometimes they’re just plain entertaining. I have several books on mythology from around the world and the similarities between some of the stories from different corners of the world are particularly interesting.

There’s a delicate balance that exists between science and religion (or spirituality in general). I’m a firm believer in science but I’m also deeply spiritual in that I believe **something** drives the science, drives all of creation. It’s the same with having soulmates. I believe in reincarnation and the idea that there are some souls out there we’re just bonded to or destined to find, life after life.

Comment

• I think there are people we meet that we share many similarities and commonalities, that it connects us and bonds us in a different way; People who share our particular brand of weirdness. Do I necessarily think those are the people who will be in our lives forever, no.

There is spirituality, and there's chemistry and I think a lot of times, it's just much simpler than that. We just have the same "human-ness" and that other person understands more deeply, because they understand themselves, and can see that same experience in us.

I think at times, we want to assign some emotional relevance to things like this that really isn't warranted. I see so many women, especially, that are waiting for that soul mate, or waiting for some deep emotional connection when they meet someone, and it just doesn't always happen that way.

Life is what we make it, and I think that goes for relationships too.
            I've been dating a man I met last winter, after being single for many years. When we met, it was good, but I really had no idea that we'd continue this way, or that he'd turn out to be such a big influence in my life over the past few months. We met online, and in our first meeting, I couldn't see the depths of who he is. It was a fairly typical first meeting. I agreed to see him again, really, for no other reason than that he had shown manners, tact, class, intelligence, and kindness. Something I'd rarely seen, but there were no crazy sparks, no instant chemistry.

Our second meeting, I got a hint that there was something very different, something deeper with him. I wanted to find out what that was...

I think sometimes we look for some sort of innate reaction from ourselves. I can see that with my girlfriends, and in many of the women in groups I participate in.

I suppose these titles of "soul-mate" and "twin spirit" are harmless but I do think for some women, and men, they draw a line between that, and what they should be finding, feeling and experiencing in a new relationship. That's true of romantic relationships, friendships, who they want to hire to paint their living room, fix their car, etc.
            When that doesn't happen they believe it isn't "right". When in reality, sparks don't always fly. There's not always an immediately deep and meaningful connection. Sometimes, that's built with the right person.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
              I think there are people we meet that we share many similarities and commonalities, that it connects us and bonds us in a different way; People who share our particular brand of weirdness. Do I necessarily think those are the people who will be in our lives forever, no.
              I really like how you put that: “people who share our particular brand of weirdness.”

Because that is exactly what it feels like to meet someone a person might consider to be a kindred spirit or soulmate. They “get” us because they’re similar to us; we understand them easily because of this. And that can lead people to believe a person is a soulmate (or other soul connection) if they believe in that.

I think the belief in soulmates can be unhealthy for people at times, particularly if that’s all they put their stock into. If they’re waiting around for “The One” to magically come along, they run the risk of missing out on some perfectly good people in the process. Like you said, sometimes you just have to build that with the right person. Sparks don’t always fly right away, but that doesn't mean a solid and lasting connection can't be made.

For others, maybe they’re lucky in that the sparks immediately flew and they had no doubt that the person is their soulmate or twin flame. But I don’t think that’s the norm for most folks.

Comment

• I agree: waiting around for "the one" doesn't work. The person just ends up alone for years and years. Of course, there are some who are lucky and meet someone for whom fireworks issue, but that happens seldom. There are many "ones" in life. I met a man I had a deep connection with, but now he's gone. He was my soulmate and now he's lost to me. But I continue going out & about and giving other blokes a chance. There will never be the "perfect" man. Of course I want to be attracted to him, but I won't hold out for some mythological "perfect" man. I don't even care if he isn't physically perfect: if he's got a good heart, I'll have him. And I don't care about his money, either: he could work in Tesco, a factory and I would still love him. The right guy just needs a good heart, as I've said.

Comment

• Absolutely. The search for the "perfect" mate we're "destined for" often makes people overlook those who would actually be a good match for us. Heck, when I first met my now-husband, he was briefly living in his car. Not "perfect" by any stretch. (We've been married 18 years now.)

I hope you find someone amazing. You're right to keep trying because a "perfect" guy isn't just going to fall from the sky. (Unless he's a skydiver, I suppose.) A good heart is all that matters; the rest just works itself out.

Comment

• We must be of the same mind, Alison H.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X