Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help, I want to punch them!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Please help, I want to punch them!

I just got married in April and I love my husband. I have never had a problem with my in-laws until now. In June I found out that I was expecting in February. My in-laws seemed to be estatic! My husband is an only child so this will be their 1st grandchild. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks because they wanted to calculate my due date. Then at my 12 week appointment they couldn't not find the heartbeat so they gave me another ultrasound just to be sure everything was okay. It was thank goodness. I showed my in-laws the pics of coarse and then they started telling me that they saw on Primetime or something that Ultrasounds could harm the baby. Like I asked for the ultrasound or something!? They are constantly telling me what I should or shouldn't be doing because I am pregnant. I have a three year old son so I know what I am doing! Then one day my mother-in-law just let herself into our home while we were both at work (I gave them a spare key incase of an emergency) to drop off something she cooked for us. She started going through our things and went home and called us leaving a message saying how we need to clean up the house and put our clothes away. She just kept going on and on like my mom did to me when I was 12 and my room was a mess. WTF!? My husband and I both work 50-70 hours a week so we are busy! If I knew she was coming over I would have cleaned up. I want to change the locks and our phone number but my husband thinks that I am over-reacting. I moved out of my parents house because I was sick of having someone nagging me. She leaves 8-10 messages on our answering machine a day, and they just "stop by" constantly using our spare key to let themselves in. I feel like I can't breathe!! I need help! I know once our baby is born it will get worse. What should I do??

• i think u need to talk to your husband and tell him how u feel, maybe it is a good idea to change the locks. i have problems with my inlaws too but they are far away from me ..thank god.

Comment

• I agree that you need to tell your man how you feel. Then he needs to be the one to deal with this. He needs to set guidelines with his family about the use of their key. He needs to let his parents know how important your privacy is and that you are both adults and should be treated as such. This is a common problem that will not go away unless you communicate or give some clear sign that you have had enough. I say have him talk to them first and if you see no changes in their behavior, then change the locks. Do what you have to do. Some people just don't take the hint until you give them a good slap in the face so to speak.

As for the nagging, you are just going to have to put her in her place one day. When she is nagging you about the baby, just tell her like it is. She will get mad and may be hurt, but it's just what some people need to wake up. She has no problem complaining about how you do things so you should have no problem complaining to her about how SHE does things.

Comment

• Thank you guys for your advice!! I really appreciate it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

Still, I have an opinion that it could go either way here. I think sometimes that things will never be the same, then I think that we'll all just go back...

Today, 05:00 AM By atskitty2
        • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Thanks Still. I'll have to give that a try when the corn is best later this summer.

Today, 04:30 AM By atskitty2
        • Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

When were they ever normal? In my experience, life is a war. The moments when things are going relatively well are just brief breaks in the ongoing stream...

Today, 01:13 AM By Stillness
        • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Yes. I use an instant pot.

The last thing I made was corn on the cob.

Ingredients: Shucked corn

Directions: Place...

Today, 12:21 AM By Stillness
        • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
        • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
        • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
          he's at higher risk
          his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
        Working...
        X