Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They're Driving Me Crazy!!?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• They're Driving Me Crazy!!?

I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 5 years.
    Ever since his mum first met me she's had a problem with me. If it's not the way I dress, it's they way I cook, how I behave or the state of the flat my boyfriend and I have shared for the past 3 years!? Plus she comes over whenever she wants.
    I've tried my hardest over the past few years to get on with her, but she just seems to enjoy making it hard. I don't know what to do.
    To make matters worse his younger brother is almost as bad as his mother. He's always coming over, even at the most inappropriate times and especially when my boyfriend and I have our first joint day of in ages. If we say no to his brother coming over, he tells his mother and both my boyfriend and I end up getting moaned at by her.
    I don't mind either of them sometimes, but I'd like to have more space and time alone with my boyfriend.
    I don't think either of them realise how much of a strain they're putting on our relationship, but we have nearly split up several times due to arguements about his family!?

• You have been together long enough that you should be able to sit down and tell him how much this is bothering you. He should seriously take that into concideration and do something about it. I had similar issues with my husband's mother. I finally couldn't take it anymore and told him he had to do something about it or things would get ugly. Suprisingly, he sat her down and told her like it is and there were immediate changes. Granted, she was very mad and upset at first, but it was worth it. Men can really be oblivious to the strain that their family puts on their women. You have to tell him very clearly and plain as day what is happening and how it is making you feel. He may get mad about it or not want to deal with it, but you will have to put your foot down on this. Things will only get worse if you don't. It also should not be your responsibillity to deal with this because it is HIS family. He needs to deal with it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

Still, I have an opinion that it could go either way here. I think sometimes that things will never be the same, then I think that we'll all just go back...

Today, 05:00 AM By atskitty2
    • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Thanks Still. I'll have to give that a try when the corn is best later this summer.

Today, 04:30 AM By atskitty2
    • Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

When were they ever normal? In my experience, life is a war. The moments when things are going relatively well are just brief breaks in the ongoing stream...

Today, 01:13 AM By Stillness
    • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Yes. I use an instant pot.

The last thing I made was corn on the cob.

Ingredients: Shucked corn

Directions: Place...

Today, 12:21 AM By Stillness
    • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
    • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
    • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
      he's at higher risk
      his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
    Working...
    X