• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Vote on the New WH Logo! We need YOUR help!

Everyone, we need YOUR help! Take a moment to cast your vote on the new WH logo! Vote Here!
See more
See less

Best Foods to Eat Before Working Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Foods to Eat Before Working Out

It's best to eat Carbs and Protein before a workout and protein within an hour after your workout.

Just Eat fruits and juices to gain energy.

Comment

Some of high protein, high carbs foods are wheat germ, moringa, cottage cheese, tofu, brazil nuts and salmon. Cottage cheese is one of the greatest sources for gym-lovers. As the abundant source of calcium, cottage cheese can strengthen your bone and prevent osteoporosis. Eatting those foods before working out can supply you full of energy indeed. https://wikihomenutrition.com/cottag...alth-benefits/

Comment

I think a little bit of aloe drink before work is the best, the benefits of aloe is very much, a woman's skin is particularly good, but also refreshing, I exercise and work before drinking aloe drink,
        you can refer to this information: http://www.okyalo.com/blog/2016/11/aloe-vera-water/

Comment

Hey. Very interesting topic. When I started to do fitness, there were a lot of questions. How can I get the most out of my workouts? How can I lose weight faster, burn more calories and feel energetic enough to break through every workout? Although there are other elements that can affect your unique situation, there is one simple answer that applies to all these questions: Eat! More specifically, there are the right products at the right time.

Like many women, I'm used to thinking that the best way to lose weight was to work hard, and wait until the time you eat to eat. Now I know that the key to getting and keeping the body of a knockout is a combination of regular exercises and proper nutrition of the right foods at the right time. Feeding your body before and after each workout is necessary to burn most calories, maintain tension, create lean muscle, lose weight and accelerate recovery.
          Importance of nutrition before exercise

If you eat or do not eat before training, research shows that the body burns the same amount of fat. However, you can actually cause muscle loss if you exercise regularly on an empty stomach. That's why: when you are hungry, your body goes into survival mode and takes out protein from muscles, and not from your kidneys and liver, where the body usually looks for protein. When this happens, you lose muscle mass, which can eventually slow down your metabolism and make it hard for you to lose weight. Plus, if you exercise on an empty stomach, you do not give yourself the fuel that you need to get out through an intense workout. (Eat one of these snacks before the next workout and turn your body into a fat burning machine!)
          What to eat before training

The best bite before training contains some form of complex carbohydrates and protein. Here are some of my favorite foods and snacks to keep me energized during my workout, without weighing me.

Brown rice (1/2 cup) with black beans (1/2 cup)
          Small sweet potatoes with steamed or slightly salted broccoli in olive oil (1 glass)
          Banana with almond oil (2 tablespoons)
          Floury bread (10) with hummus (3 tablespoons)
          Oatmeal (1/2 cup) with berries (1 glass), sweetened with stevia or agave
          Apple and walnuts (1/4 cup)

Comment

It should be something that'll give you a fast energy so the carbs are good two hours before. But you know what, I feel like we should read as much as we can, learn and do the testing on our body so we can figure out what works for each and every one of us. Every body has something that works for it.

Comment

For me, there are dietary supplements that help to boost energy.

Comment

Hello everybody. I'm also interested in this issue. I very much want to lead a healthy lifestyle. For some, breakfast is the most important dish per day. But for others who manage to squeeze time in the gym in everyday life, before and after training, eating can be just as important.
                Many sites and nutritionists offer the right balance of carbohydrates, fats and protein to satisfy hunger, fuel training and help in recovery. While all the needs and preferences of each person are different depending on their goals and actions, you do not actually need to eat much to work for 60 minutes or less, so keep this in mind for longer sessions of sweat.
                The body builds up muscles and recovers 24 hours a day, not just in the gym. Smart accustomed snacks can give the body the fuel needed to build muscle, burn fat and restore as much as possible. If you prefer to eat before exercise or if your exercise lasts longer than an hour, the nutritionist suggests grabbing the snack 45-60 minutes ahead and keeping it small (think of the palms of carbohydrates, half the palm of the squirrel and a quarter of palm fat).
                The first thing I advise is yogurt. You only need three minutes to collect a combination of 2% or full fat yogurt, granola and berries.
                We love cocktails, but first coffee. This recipe combines both. It's perfect for early morning workouts, because when you hit caffeine, you'll be scared before you get to the gym.
                Oats are classic morning cattle, but if you do not want to clean the pot before you rush into the gym in the mornings, try this as an afternoon snack.
                It's not much easier than blueberries, bananas, yogurt, almond milk and ice. Just be sure to change the proposed low fat yogurt to a partial or full fat version - this will give you more fuel to suppress your workout.
                This banana bread flavor is not as complex as baking sweet pleasure. You can pre-make a few, and then pull them into the fridge to eat and snack on hard days.
                Classic apple-peanut oil gets a first-aid kit from raisins and chia seeds. If you're in a hurry, skip the add-ons and just grab an apple with PB. Try to lure a few rods of peanut butter or almond oil in a bag for your sports equipment so you can eat your way to the indoor bike class.
                Protein cocktails can experience chalky boredom, but when there is coffee and chocolate, we are big fans.
                That's how I eat and it gives me enough energy. Try it and you should like it. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X