• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

exercise gym or home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exercise gym or home

would rather exercise at home now (done the gym thing in past)
    husband wants to join gym again, but why spend the money when we have equipment at home

do you prefer the gym or home to workout?

Going to a gym wastes dues, gas and time but allows for buddies to keep you motivated. I used to go to a gym in the summer to swim and join one when
    I go to Phnom Penh, also to swim.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

joining gym if you like to swim sounds worth it

Comment

We travel a lot and I really enjoy using the fitness centers in hotels and resorts. The equipment is typically better than what I have or it allows me to do things I can't at home.

when I'm at home, I just prefer my own stuff. It's quicker, more convenient, and more comfortable
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

I choose gym because when You are in the gym lifting atmosphere, and this motivates you to lift. You're not going to want to spend expensive gym equipment. Dumbbells give greater range of motion, and are more flexible to your body mechanics.so you want to fit yourself went to gym.

Comment

I preferred Gym the best place for workout as I have alot of friends over there which continuously motivating me towards my workout goals.

Comment

I agree with the 2 posters above me. I need the structure of having to go to the gym, and I need some potential social aspect, at least right now. There's also a wider variety of equipment for better range and flexibility with the workout.

Comment

Well, somehow when you pay to go somewhere to get your exercise in, you plan to go. After all, it's a waste to pay and not go isn't it? - Said no one ever!

We have a home gym complete with the weights, treadmill, bike, rowing machine and inverter for when you just want to hang around. We found that we were more apt to do our workout if we set aside the same time to workout each day. So on Mondays, Friday, and Saturday we'd have a set time at home. Wednesday and Thursday we both are in competition curling leagues so that is our exercise on those days.

In the summer we have a pool and our very best friends have the hot tub. We're covered. We also keep ourselves honest by having our friends join us in the workout sessions.

I suppose either way would work, which are you most comfortable doing? The gym might be slightly more motivating with everyone else around and/or access to trainers.

Whatever works for you two is how you should go.

Comment

I walk everyday. I love it.

Comment

Whatever works for you!! I personally will join a gym and quit. If its not around the corner I will not drive miles daily and back, shower etc everyday!! Some people need to do that, but it's not for me. I like it right in my basement, if I don't have the motivation to go downstairs, I won't find it at a gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Shift4Change View Post
                      If its not around the corner
                      almost around corner
                      got email Y running special so said ok let's join (for 6 mos)

Comment

any suggestion for OTC pain med that works?
                        never mind looked up best NSAID and having husband stop at drug store
                        (joys of going to Y..more pain)

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                          any suggestion for OTC pain med that works?
                          never mind looked up best NSAID and having husband stop at drug store
                          (joys of going to Y..more pain)
                          I use ibuprofen.
                          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

admit already regret saying yes to joining Y
                            (as week two begins)

Comment

why is that Amy?

I just joined a gym near my home. It has lots of nice benefits in addition to the equipment, including tanning which I will enjoy on the dark dreary days until Spring.

I will go a few times a week as I just cannot tolerate walking in the cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X