• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Vote on the New WH Logo! We need YOUR help!

Everyone, we need YOUR help! Take a moment to cast your vote on the new WH logo! Vote Here!
See more
See less

exercise gym or home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice is to join a gym because good gyms with qualified personal trainers can really help you getting started in your journey to your weight loss journey. This can keep you motivated and also give you some great tips for achieving your fitness level sooner.
    Ladies: get on track for a sexier, slimmer and stronger you

Comment

The gym is the place for exercise in the gym I exercise in the guideline of instructor. If you are fresher Gym is best. I noticed some peoples make common exercise mistakes if you exercise alone or in the home.

Comment

Gym! Just sold my equipment since I had not used it in years, been going to the gym. I prefer the gym because of the equipment and the environment tends to energize and motivate.

Comment

I personally prefer the home workout. Because then you are in control and nobody is there to disturb your space. And I need my space to work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica Hudson View Post
            I personally prefer the home workout. Because then you are in control and nobody is there to disturb your space. And I need my space to work out.
            agree Veronica and welcome to WH!

doing a kid's exercise video at home with our child
            much more comfortable for me at home than in a group class at a gym

Comment

It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I have a few dumbbells and other equipment which allows me to get everything done at home, and you can probably do the same, but your husband may want to use heavy weights for bench press and squats that he doesn't have at home. I know that if I was someone who only went to the gym it would increase the amount of times that I'd be able to talk myself into skipping a workout.

Comment

Yeah, going to a gym is money wasting, but if you don't exercise regularly at home so going to a gym is right for you.

Comment

The answer is simple. Do what you know works for you. You don't need to waste the few days gathering responses to rationalize either working out at home or at a gym. Those few days could be better spent exercising anywhere... it doesn't matter at home or at the gym, depending on what it is you want to accomplish.

To me, it already sounds like working out at home is a challenge. You need to remove yourself from the snacks and from the distractions. If the gym is the answer, then so bet it. If it's going outside, then do it.

Anyway... just remember that improving your health and appearance is about 80% diet. If you really want progress, then start there... So think of it like this:

The diet starts at home, the workout can be done anywhere.

Comment

If you have gym equipment at home, than you should hire professional fitness trainer which one guide and improve your exercise and fitness workouts.

Comment

It is better to go to Gym rather than exercise at home. I prefer to got to any good fitness center as the atmosphere motivates me and it will regulate the exercise more than general exercise at home.

Comment

I love work out at home!!! It saves money and time. And it can be funny with different DVD programmes and equipment. And I like that my friends always have ideas, what to present me Last present was such a slide board
                        . So just in my living room, I can make the move that is similar to the move as the figure skater or ice hockey player do. It really brings me fun, and my home training lasts fast.

Comment

It depends on what kind of person you are. If you are sociable and like to compete, you want to consult with professionals about training, then, of course, go to the gym. But if you have a lot to do and you need training just to keep yourself in shape, then do it at home. Maybe your husband just wants to appear more often in public or he's tired of doing it at home and he wants to change the situation.
                          I bought some equipment 2 years ago. I have been practicing muscle shock workout with dumbbells for a long time and I add 15 minutes of training with such a thing to correct the inner part of the thighs. But the problem is that it is hard at home to do exercises for the abdominal muscles. Any advice?
                          Last edited by jns; 01-04-2018, 06:23 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

i. I'm also a young mom and as of today, I prefer training at home. I've looked for a simulator for a long time but after 2 weeks of searching, I've got such amazing thing as slide board. In fact, it was something new for me. My husband is a hockey trainer and it was his idea to buy this cool board. We were thinking about where we can buy it and understood that the best place is Amazon. But how to choose? In that process, one excellent helped us.

Now we are waiting forward for the delivery.
                            Last edited by SophieModernMom; 01-08-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

the secret to maintaining healthy body weight lies in a planned calorie intake that will boost metabolism and induce fat burning. Boosting the metabolic rate is vital for weight loss and it can be done with the home remedies to boost metabolism. This can also be achieved with our new 1200 calorie diet plan. Weight maintenance is not an easy job. It requires strong dedication toward what you eat, how you eat, how much amount of calories you take etc.

Comment

Both

Comment

Working...
                                X