• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower back pain is one of the most common complications for office workers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower back pain is one of the most common complications for office workers

8 out of 10 adults report experiencing lower back pain at some point in their lives. Though some assume that lower back pain is a risk that's primarily faced by those in very physically active lines of work, people in sedentary lines of work also face a real risk of experiencing axial pain.

This is the problem of modern life. Staying healthy can be difficult in the best of circumstances. Those who sit at the table for 8, 10, 12 hours a day, there is an even more difficult task. A truly healthy life combines many things: from eating to getting enough exercise, maintaining a healthy mind. Ignoring any aspect of good health can undermine your health.
    Take short breaks so you can focus and help feel mentally and physically exhausted after work. You will get more work and more energy to stay active when you are not at the table.
    Pass the elevators and climb the stairs.
    It will be difficult if you are at your desk all day. So skip the elevators and go down the stairs. Park in a location farther from your office. Take the "scenic" route when going to your table. And find as many additional steps as you can during the day.
    Moving in the office can be difficult, so it's important to take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself. Conference calls and phone calls can be a vital aspect of many companies in this age of technology. Take the opportunity to get out of the table and take a walk. Move. Stretch. If you do not need to sit and take notes, this is the ideal time for 20-30 minutes of traffic every day.

Comment

Agreed, Loric2014.

Comment

As you're in such pain, Kristen Swan, you maybe need to talk to your manager about having more breaks. You're obviously suffering and should be entitled to longer breaks. I think you should do that before resigning. But maybe you have to accept you're in too much pain to carry on with your line of work. There must be a way you could find a job where this doesn't happen so much or so badly.

Do give what I've said some thought.

Comment

I deal with this too. I get up during the day at times for meetings, to go to the restroom, etc. But for the most part, I'm sitting. I use a yoga ball chair to try to encourage proper posture and core strength. But every now and then I have a lower back flare up (like right now), where it is painful for me all day everytime I'm sitting.
          "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Back pain is considered chronic if it remain 3 months or longer. It can come and progress, frequently bringing short-term relief, followed by frustration. Dealing with chronic back pain can be mostly trying if you don’t know the cause.

Pain in the low back can be a effect of conditions affecting the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae, ligaments around the spine and discs, spinal cord and nerves, muscles of the low back, inner organs of the pelvis and abdomen, and the skin covering the lumbar area.

Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Back Pain

Physical Therapy
            Mindfulness and Meditation
            Diet
            Lifestyle Modifications
            Injection-based Treatments
            Alternative Treatments

Comment

I'm glad to help, Kristen Swan. How have things worked out now? Did you talk to your manager and arrange longer breaks?

Comment

Working...
              X