Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower back pain is one of the most common complications for office workers

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Lower back pain is one of the most common complications for office workers

8 out of 10 adults report experiencing lower back pain at some point in their lives. Though some assume that lower back pain is a risk that's primarily faced by those in very physically active lines of work, people in sedentary lines of work also face a real risk of experiencing axial pain.

• Agreed, Loric2014.

Comment

• As you're in such pain, Kristen Swan, you maybe need to talk to your manager about having more breaks. You're obviously suffering and should be entitled to longer breaks. I think you should do that before resigning. But maybe you have to accept you're in too much pain to carry on with your line of work. There must be a way you could find a job where this doesn't happen so much or so badly.

Do give what I've said some thought.

Comment

• I deal with this too. I get up during the day at times for meetings, to go to the restroom, etc. But for the most part, I'm sitting. I use a yoga ball chair to try to encourage proper posture and core strength. But every now and then I have a lower back flare up (like right now), where it is painful for me all day everytime I'm sitting.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I'm glad to help, Kristen Swan. How have things worked out now? Did you talk to your manager and arrange longer breaks?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• I miss sex...

Please tell me I'm not alone.
            4 years of marriage.
            I feel like the second we got married my husband changed, Or I was deceived.
            While...

Today, 08:29 AM By JurassicPark
          • Weird, large, centipede like blood clot or miscarriage??

During my shower, I began to cramp and bleed heavily which was odd because I’m towards the end of my period but I didn’t think much of it until I...

Yesterday, 11:13 PM By aavv
          • Reply to house hunt

BD did you start house hunting again?

we started again but there is a big problem
            husband and I have BIG differences in what we like...

Yesterday, 08:17 PM By amy40
          • Yeast and BV issues

Hello

I am new to this forum and am hoping to get feedback from woman with similar experiences. I have been dealing with BV for years. I...

Yesterday, 04:39 PM By MRose
          • Reply to New guy

Welcome!!

Yesterday, 07:31 AM By Womens Fitness

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• I miss sex...

Please tell me I'm not alone.
            4 years of marriage.
            I feel like the second we got married my husband changed, Or I was deceived.
            While...

Today, 08:29 AM By JurassicPark
          • Weird, large, centipede like blood clot or miscarriage??

During my shower, I began to cramp and bleed heavily which was odd because I’m towards the end of my period but I didn’t think much of it until I...

Yesterday, 11:13 PM By aavv
          • Yeast and BV issues

Hello

I am new to this forum and am hoping to get feedback from woman with similar experiences. I have been dealing with BV for years. I...

Yesterday, 04:39 PM By MRose
          • New guy

Hi all,

32 year old guy here. Always interested in hearing female pov on everything in life.

04-06-2019, 11:24 AM By MrMr
          • Husband seeking advice

Hey! I need your advice. My wife is super stressed. I am lost in my role as a husband on how to help her.

The last 6 months have been absolutely...

04-22-2019, 08:05 AM By Husbandseekingadvice
          Working...
          X