Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I find counting calories very difficult. It is time consuming and impractical for me, personally. Maybe others have no problem counting calories, but I don't have the time. I still am careful about what I eat and I do exercise [I do a lot of walking and enjoy dancing]. I just am sensible about what I eat. I don't need to know the calories of a bag of crisps: because they're loaded with salts and fats and that is the logic I follow when it comes to weight and diet. I suppose it is just common sense.

However, everyone to their own: counting calories does work for many people. It is a person's prerogative.

Comment

• Agreed, positivehomeopathy.

Comment

• Hello!
        The most important advice that has already been in this discussion is to spend more calories than getting them! I myself adhere to this tactic: I visit the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On weekdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays I do exercises at home. Every 2-3 weeks I sit on this spinach diet. This mode is good for me to combine with work so I think it will be convenient for many
        Last edited by Ashlee T.; 03-25-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Good on you! You are very sensible, Nate Julia.

Comment

• For losing weight diet is absolutely everything.

However, at the beginning this is the most difficult thing and what causes the most obstacles.

I was a PT in the Marines for 3 years of my service, so you can take my advice as you like.

For the first 6 months just get yourself in a regular gym routine. 3 times a week minimum (do 1 or 2 cardio days if you can)

Do compound weight exercises. Squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press.

But i don't want to get big and muscley? Thats what everyone says and if it was that easy everyone would be walking about huge!

Running on a treadmill is boring as hell! Turn resistance training into cardio. Developing stronger muscles burns more calories than just cardio machines
            ????
            The pain you feel after lifting weights is your body repairing itself and in turn burns calories.

After 6 months, tune your diet. But after 6 months or even earlier you will want to be doing that yourself anyway

Comment

• I just don't eat the sweets or biscuits or ice cream. Because I know those foods will make me fat and unattractive.

I simply don't eat the rubbish.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X