Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys take a vitamin supplement?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• have proper and sufficient vegetable in daily life
    i

Comment

• I started getting a fungus infection around my mouth with layers in the corners and dry skin across my cheeks and forehead. I noticed if I ate fortified food like cereal or lots of breads several days in a row it would go away. So my husband added centrum to my nightly insomnia pills and it has all gone away. Apparently in his research he found there is a fungus that can be caused by low b vitamins. Personally I feel if you are going to take 1 vitamin you should take a full spectrum as well because too much of one vitamin without any extra of others can cause you to not absorb enough of those other vitamins in your diet. You have to keep it balanced.

Comment

• I really don’t think the essential of taking supplements of vitamins as having whole foods are enough to maintain the natural process of body. Vitamins are both water and fat soluble, though water soluble vitamins can easily be excreted through urine but fat soluble vitamins remains deposited in the body causing a risk for various chronic disease.

Comment

• Our body requires essential minerals and vitamins for every process and function, so aside from eating healthy foods I also take vitamins from here because health benefits of vitamins include their ability to prevent and treat various diseases including heart problems, high cholesterol levels, and eye and skin disorders. Most vitamins facilitate many of the body’s mechanisms and perform functions which cannot be performed by any other nutrients.
          Last edited by jns; 02-27-2018, 02:53 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mighty Grasshopper View Post
            i'm just curious to see if people on here take vitamin supplements at all? whether it's a daily vitamin supplement, or perhaps more elaborate health products (eg. green tea/fat burners, joint supplements, antioxidant blend, etc).

I actually consult for a variety of supplement manufacturers (quality assurance, regulatory compliance - fun, i know) and have seen my fair share of not so great, scam companies and the more quality based, ethical ones.

Many "experts" say that supplements should be taken, while other 'experts" only say you're wasting your money.

for me, i don't normally take them but I can see value in it for those that do, but i can also see how many companies can take advantage of those vulnerable or not armed with knowledge.
            Sure, I usually do a little research before deciding on the best supplements. I find articles on this website helpful
            naturalproductsinsider org
            Last edited by Jasminekely1; 04-03-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• One a day multivitamin, multimineral for 50+ (no iron).
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I take a multivitamin everyday.

Comment

• I don't actually take vitamin supplements. I suppose I should, really. Anyhow, they do work and I agree people who need them are right to take them. As they say on the packaging, they improve nutrition levels and assist people with medical conditions.

Comment

• Yes I do, has a great selection of supplements worth buying. The complete essentials for women made me feel great.
                    Last edited by jns; 06-12-2018, 04:22 PM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                    • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    Working...
                    X