• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamin B12 Deficiency

I got some lab work done in order to get an annual physical and the results say I have Vitamin B12 Deficiency. How did this happen? I heard anemia and heavy drinking are the causes, but I never was either of them.
    How do I add B12 to my diet?

The best sources of Vitamin B12 include: eggs, milk, cheese, milk products, meat, fish, shellfish and poultry.

Or you can always take a vitamin with B12 in it...

Comment

I've done some research on this and have found discussions regarding it like a sort of silent epidemic at the root of a lot of the mental/brain disease from which we suffer. It doesn't seem to be completely understood how our bodies handle this stuff, from what I've seen.

What did your doctor recommend? Are you vegan? I can't remember.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

The most effective reasons for Vitamin and mineral B12 incorporate: eggs, whole milk, parmesan cheese, dairy food, meats, seafood, shellfish and fowl.

Or even it is possible to often take a nutritional using B12 inside...
        my herbalife Malaysia| herbalife distributor Malaysia | herbalife Malaysia price | herbalife products Malaysia

Comment

Fortunately, there are healthier ways to get your B12. Fish, low in cholesterol and rich in beneficial Omega 3, is a great way to get your daily dose of B12. Fatty fish have the highest amounts of B12. So mackerel, herring, tuna, salmon, cod, sardines and trout are all good choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar Nirvana View Post
            I got some lab work done in order to get an annual physical and the results say I have Vitamin B12 Deficiency. How did this happen? I heard anemia and heavy drinking are the causes, but I never was either of them.
            How do I add B12 to my diet?
            Hi. After some mos., hope you dont mind i wanted to know if the deficiency has been corrected? Did you take supplements after all? someone gave me some b12 recently, but i saw the dosage was far too much. Adults and elderly can take as much as 100 mcg, i read somewhere, but the dose was abt more than 2000% rda per tablet. I missed to ask my doc, but even halving the tab seems too mcuh still. What do you think, tnx.

Comment

You can get vitamin B12 in animal foodsthat have it naturally, or from items that have been fortified with it. Animal sources include dairy products, eggs, fish, meat and poultry.

Comment

I'd take vitamin B12 supplements and also get the vitamin from those foods rich with it, as advised above. It is easy to get more Vitamin B12, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

Comment

My wife just told me that the nutritional yeast we've been using for years has b12. I had no idea. I just always used it for the taste.
                  "Those sowing seed with tears
                  Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Hey. Yes, this is a serious problem. I had some problems. After extensive testing, my neurologist is 95% sure that my neurological symptoms are caused by vitamin B-12 deficiency. I hope this is useful to someone else, especially those who are in limbo or just starting the testing process.
                    My symptoms began in June last year and changed from day to day. I never knew what to expect. I noticed that my symptoms intensified around my monthly cycle. I experienced the following: difficulties with walking, I had to concentrate to move my legs
                    - could not think straight
                    - Heat intolerance (after I have caught a cold all my life!)
                    - Stiffness of muscles in the legs (legs), and sometimes in the hands (I would not sleep at night)
                    - tingling (it will move from day to day, but it was everywhere from my scalp to the toes)
                    - the arm would have numb, but it seemed to me that I was wearing a glove on my knees
                    - numbness on the left side of the face
                    - burning soles and palms
                    - the brain felt that it burned on the roughest days
                    - the internal organs felt like they were shaking, but I was super hot outside
                    - the toes were cold and wet
                    - occasional twitching
                    The testing began with a large number of blood tests and MRI of the brain. MRI showed lesions that do not correspond to MS. Everything was negative, but I was still a mess. An important role is that my B12 level was tested at a level of 248 pg / ml. This is within the normal range of 211-911 pg / ml. Fortunately, my family doctor started me with monthly B-12 shots to help with fatigue (not because of a diagnosed deficiency).
                    I have been gradually improving since last summer. I still have symptoms, but I hope that they will continue to disappear. I continue the monthly B-12 shots and add a high daily oral dose. On the side, I also started with a vitamin D deficiency 10 times.
                    Thanks to everyone on this site. I learned so much, and your support was an excellent comfort! Wish you all the best!

Comment

I like your post, Loric2014. It is very informative and useful.

Comment

Working...
                      X