Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Vitamin B12 Deficiency

I got some lab work done in order to get an annual physical and the results say I have Vitamin B12 Deficiency. How did this happen? I heard anemia and heavy drinking are the causes, but I never was either of them.
    How do I add B12 to my diet?

• The best sources of Vitamin B12 include: eggs, milk, cheese, milk products, meat, fish, shellfish and poultry.

Or you can always take a vitamin with B12 in it...

Comment

• I've done some research on this and have found discussions regarding it like a sort of silent epidemic at the root of a lot of the mental/brain disease from which we suffer. It doesn't seem to be completely understood how our bodies handle this stuff, from what I've seen.

What did your doctor recommend? Are you vegan? I can't remember.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• The most effective reasons for Vitamin and mineral B12 incorporate: eggs, whole milk, parmesan cheese, dairy food, meats, seafood, shellfish and fowl.

Or even it is possible to often take a nutritional using B12 inside...
        my herbalife Malaysia| herbalife distributor Malaysia | herbalife Malaysia price | herbalife products Malaysia

Comment

• Originally posted by Avatar Nirvana View Post
          I got some lab work done in order to get an annual physical and the results say I have Vitamin B12 Deficiency. How did this happen? I heard anemia and heavy drinking are the causes, but I never was either of them.
          How do I add B12 to my diet?
          Hi. After some mos., hope you dont mind i wanted to know if the deficiency has been corrected? Did you take supplements after all? someone gave me some b12 recently, but i saw the dosage was far too much. Adults and elderly can take as much as 100 mcg, i read somewhere, but the dose was abt more than 2000% rda per tablet. I missed to ask my doc, but even halving the tab seems too mcuh still. What do you think, tnx.

Comment

• I'd take vitamin B12 supplements and also get the vitamin from those foods rich with it, as advised above. It is easy to get more Vitamin B12, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

Comment

• My wife just told me that the nutritional yeast we've been using for years has b12. I had no idea. I just always used it for the taste.
              "Those sowing seed with tears
              Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• I like your post, Loric2014. It is very informative and useful.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X