I hate Coconut Water but..

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate Coconut Water but..

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I hate Coconut Water but..

I do not like the taste of coconut water at all (Ironically I love coconuts), but I know the benefits of it are fantastic. I want to incorporate coconut water into my diet without the taste. Sometimes I'll have it as a base in fruit smoothies, but what are some other ways I can have it throughout the day?
    Don't be delicate...be vast & brilliant

• I don't know if you can get coconut water with out the taste ?

Comment

• I hear you on coconut water. Have you ever tried Greater Than? It has the benefits of coconut water, but with great taste. You can find it on-line here amazon.com/greaterthan. I've found it to be my answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dancedance View Post
        I do not like the taste of coconut water at all (Ironically I love coconuts), but I know the benefits of it are fantastic. I want to incorporate coconut water into my diet without the taste. Sometimes I'll have it as a base in fruit smoothies, but what are some other ways I can have it throughout the day?
        When I lived in Hawaii, we had coconut trees and fresh coconuts. Mom would get the water from the coconuts and mix it with pineapple juice. I haven't thought of it in a long time but I sure would like to have some right now.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
        ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• I have not heard that coconut water has some magical effect. Is it true? What benefits it gives you? I think the only way to get rid of taste you do not like is to mix it with stronger tastes. Talking about coconut water i think you should mix it with different fruit's juices

Comment

• You could mix it with some gin

Comment

• I've seen many recipes that add coconut water to smoothies/shakes! Coconut water is a great choice for a post-workout drink. I would just keep trying different brands until you find one you like. I like the ones that Starbucks has, but of course they're a little pricey.

Comment

• When everyone was RAVING about the benefits of coconut water – I felt I should at least try it. The first sip I ever took, I almost threw up in my mouth. It tastes so musky, like it has been somewhere it shouldn’t be. Like you, I have started putting it in flavored smoothies. Now I get the benefits without that funky taste.

Comment

• Originally posted by NicoleEDutra View Post
                  When everyone was RAVING about the benefits of coconut water – I felt I should at least try it. The first sip I ever took, I almost threw up in my mouth. It tastes so musky, like it has been somewhere it shouldn’t be. Like you, I have started putting it in flavored smoothies. Now I get the benefits without that funky taste.
                  I wouldn't drink bottled or canned coconut water, nasty stuff. I only like it fresh from green coconuts. I don't believe any of the health claims; I drink it because it tastes good. Chill the young green coconut in a tub of ice water, open the top and suck the water out with a straw. Yum
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                  Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
                  ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• Originally posted by chaya View Post
                    I wouldn't drink bottled or canned coconut water, nasty stuff. I only like it fresh from green coconuts. I don't believe any of the health claims; I drink it because it tastes good. Chill the young green coconut in a tub of ice water, open the top and suck the water out with a straw. Yum
                    We grew up w/ fresh young coconuts, and eat the flesh along w/ the juice, cooled. So good, no packaged juices til recently.

Comment

• Coconut water is very good for health.
                      But I believe a Water Purifier is what we can have at our home , Instead of consumption of coconut water everyday.
                      The Choice of best water purifier for home is easy as there are many competitive brands with their best Products, My home has Kentro.
                      Last edited by Fallen1; 10-17-2014, 11:49 AM. Reason: Remove outbound link

Comment

• Im not sure if you can cook with it, as it may kill most of the fresh benefits.
                        You can always just make a mixed juice as well!
                        A juice with a strong flavor to over ride the coconuttiness.

Comment

• what you say about coconut water is true, many experts recommend it,
                          Here I have a delicious recipe.

ingredients

2 not very tender coconuts.
                          1 can condensed or evaporated milk.
                          Sugar to taste.
                          Ice enough.

preparation

Blend milk with coconut paste and coconut water.
                          Add sweetener to taste.
                          Pour into a pitcher with ice.
                          Let cool and drink.

If you want you can replace the condensed milk with skim milk and sugar for sweetening. Thus, their fat and caloric value is reduced, but their natural properties intact.Enjoy!
                          I like to help people meet their weight loss goal

Comment

• nut. value

Originally posted by chaya View Post
                            Chaya,
                            I was just interested in its nutritional value and checked it out:
                            Ounce per ounce, most unflavored coconut water contains 5.45 calories, 1.3 grams sugar, 61 milligrams (mg) of potassium, and 5.45 mg of sodium compared to Gatorade, which has 6.25 calories, 1.75 grams of sugar, 3.75 mg of potassium, and 13.75 mg of sodium.
                            Think thats 4x the potassium in banana=).

Comment

• I think coconut water (fresh, not bottled) tastes amazing. I can't tell you specific benefits it has on your health, but I believe that the water from a good quality, fresh coconut might be the best water on the planet. Try mixing it with different fruit juices if you don't like the taste. If your drinking bottled coconut water you propably don't even have to bother... The pasteurization process propably kills most of the benefits...

www.instagram.com/the2.0life

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X