• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50/20/30 rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50/20/30 rule

I have been trying to follow a diet with roughly 50% carbs, 20% fat, 30% protein. Yes I have been having some setbacks but overall I have been feeling better, yet lost no weight. Has anyone had success on this eating pattern, or what do you suggest? I try to make healthy choices at all times but do enjoy treats like pizza if my daily calories and balances fit it. Just here to bounce ideas and see what works for others nutrition wise.

~

What types of carbs are you eating? What types of fat? What is your caloric intake?

What is your workout or activity level?
    eta:. How much water are you drinking?
    Last edited by atskitty2; 11-17-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

How long have you been following the rule?
      I think you should eat more fiber from vegetables and fruits.
      I have some fruits and vegetables that help lose weight pretty good like guavas, watercress, alfalfa...
      They're all great source of nutritions that detoxify the body and help you get in shape easily
      You can read more information here:

Beside the diet, you'd better workout liek jogging, doing housework or something.
      Remember to drink enough water too!
      Good luck!
      Last edited by Beautiful Disaster; 11-17-2016, 09:46 AM. Reason: Outbound linking

Comment

Try it for a while but then change it around to find what works best for you. Mine is currently 50/30/20 but I'm thinking of upping the protein and lowering the carbs for a while. I think it's important to our metabolism to switch things up now and then so it doesn't get bored and sluggish.

Also, it totally depends on what you're eating to meet those macros. Example: If your carbs are things liked processed flours, refined sugars, starches then consider ridding of those things and going for things like more vegetables, fruit (in moderation due to the fruit sugars), complex carbs.

What kind of fats are you eating? Get healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, etc.

And also......exercise. Nutrition is only part of the puzzle of weight loss.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Before speaking to what mix of ingredients provides the best outcome, I'd first ask what are you trying to accomplish? Purely weight loss? Look better? Feel better? Do more? All of the above? In general, changing how you look/feel is about 90% mental and 10% physical. Get your mind focused on the reason, make time for yourself to do the things you know you need to do and also provide the strength to avoid the things you know you shouldn't do. That said, when it comes to the "work" involved, it's 70% diet and 30% exercise. Regarding foods, everyone is different, but I would stress eating smaller portions more often throughout the day, utilize caloric restriction, eat a lot of fruits (will also do wonders for your skin), veggies too and everything else with proper moderation. The biggest thing is creating the healthy habit and sticking to it. To do it right, it's a lifestyle change.

Comment

The %s don't mean anything if you don't reduce the total calorie numbers. That is the only way to lose weight. The total calories you put into your body needs to be lower than the total calories you spend. Period.
            Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

I don't count calories, as it's too complicated. However, I do keep a food diary on my computer. I eat a lot of vegetables and healthy, home-cooked food. I'm not a vegetarian, though! I do a lot of cooking with my sister. Anyhow, I do avoid certain foods and just don't eat the sweets. I still love the odd yogurt/dessert, though. I won't go out of my way to eat such foods, however. I do like crisps, but they are full of fat and salt, which is not great. I enjoy cheese on crackers with smoked salmon. That is heaven. I eat a certain amount, but won't go overboard. Food is about nutrition rather than just enjoyment.

Comment

Working...
              X