• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying Supplements for Tooth Decay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying Supplements for Tooth Decay

I ordered Blue Ice Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend, Non-Gelatin capsules. I'm trying them out because I have cavities and I've read positive reviews on multiple websites about fermented cod liver oil healing and repairing tooth decay and rebuilding the tooth enamel. People have also stated that it has healed skin conditions and pain within the body. I'm sure there are many other benefits to it as well.

There is nothing that will reverse tooth decay once it has happened except good dental work. The items you listed may help with preventing further problems (although I've never heard of any of this working) but will not reverse decay.

Comment

Originally posted by Claret View Post
      There is nothing that will reverse tooth decay once it has happened except good dental work. The items you listed may help with preventing further problems (although I've never heard of any of this working) but will not reverse decay.
      I believe it can be reversed with proper nutrition. I'm trying it myself and so I'll know the truth then.

Comment

You need to consume more calcium and vitamin K in order to prevent further decay on other teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane Black View Post
          You need to consume more calcium and vitamin K in order to prevent further decay on other teeth.
          I will take that into consideration. Thank you.

Comment

Agreed, Jane Black

Comment

Hello everybody. For myself, I found that supplements Vitamin D3 helped restore the enamel on my (previously quite sensitive teeth). Eating and eating a significant amount of dairy products did not help, nor calcium / magnesium supplements (even those that added vitamin D2). I am of the opinion that vitamin D3 is very important for tooth enamel, but that vitamin D2 is almost useless (although there may be scientific data pointing to the other). I took 1000 mg D3 daily for several months without seeing any improvement, but when doubling to 2000 mg daily things started to turn around. (In winter, I take 3000 mg per day, and in summer I reduce until 2000). Vitamin D3 is the only supplement that I take daily, I refused all the others. Many healthy foods can be killed on your teeth. Tomatoes, lemons, vinegar, salted lactic acid - any acid substance can cause as much or more damage than bacterial caries. I love acid products, but they need to learn to eat them in moderation or, at least, carefully rinse well with water after eating. We know about calcium for bones and teeth. Good! We learned about vitamin D. Okay. Now we need to know about the balance between fat-soluble vitamins D and K! Good luck to everyone and do not be ill!

Comment

Originally posted by Loric2014 View Post
                Hello everybody. For myself, I found that supplements Vitamin D3 helped restore the enamel on my (previously quite sensitive teeth). Eating and eating a significant amount of dairy products did not help, nor calcium / magnesium supplements (even those that added vitamin D2). I am of the opinion that vitamin D3 is very important for tooth enamel, but that vitamin D2 is almost useless (although there may be scientific data pointing to the other). I took 1000 mg D3 daily for several months without seeing any improvement, but when doubling to 2000 mg daily things started to turn around. (In winter, I take 3000 mg per day, and in summer I reduce until 2000). Vitamin D3 is the only supplement that I take daily, I refused all the others. Many healthy foods can be killed on your teeth. Tomatoes, lemons, vinegar, salted lactic acid - any acid substance can cause as much or more damage than bacterial caries. I love acid products, but they need to learn to eat them in moderation or, at least, carefully rinse well with water after eating. We know about calcium for bones and teeth. Good! We learned about vitamin D. Okay. Now we need to know about the balance between fat-soluble vitamins D and K! Good luck to everyone and do not be ill!
                Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                X