• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey against sugar: which sweetener should I use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey against sugar: which sweetener should I use?

When you make a cup of hot tea, do you reach honey or sugar? Although both can add sweetness to your drink, their nutritional benefits are different.
    Honey and sugar are carbohydrates, consisting mainly of glucose and fructose. They are used as ingredients in many finished products and recipes. Both can lead to weight gain when used excessively.
    The reputation of honey in order to be more healthy can have some basis, but honey is not considered healthy food. So it's healthier?
    Sugar consists of a combination of glucose and fructose, which combine with the formation of sucrose. It does not add vitamins or nutrients.
    Of the most diverse types of sugar, white, brown and raw sugar are the most common.
    Brown sugar is a combination of white sugar and molasses and can contain several nutrients. It is used mainly for baking.
    Raw sugar is a less refined version of white sugar. It is light brown in color and contains larger crystals. Raw sugar does not change from white sugar.
    What are the benefits of sugar?
    Are there any drawbacks in sugar?

"Are there any drawbacks in sugar?"
    You must go to this link-
    Last edited by jns; 08-27-2018, 05:09 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

I never put sugar in my tea. I haven't for years. And I do love drinking tea!

Comment

I also prefer honey instead of sugar.

Comment

I love honey: I often have it in sandwiches. Honey is actually good for you, believe it or not. The health benefits are great. Anyhow, I love both honey and sugar. Although I never put sugar in my tea [as stated in my previous post!].

Comment

Working...
          X