Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bar Drinks from A-Z

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bar Drinks from A-Z

Let's share our favorite alcoholic drink recipes.
    When it comes to entertaining - even outside of the holidays, we all could use a good and/or easy drink to prepare and share. Let's start sharing our fav's here!

One of my fav's is Sangria and I just served mine up at Christmas Eve. It was a hit - even with the non-sangria lovers.

White Wine Sangria

You'll need:
    1 bottle of your favorite white wine
    1/4 cup of brandy
    1/4 cup of club soda
    1/4 cup of sugar
    2 lemon slices
    4 lime slices
    4 granny smith apples slices
    1 handful of white/green grapes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Directions:
    Mix the first four ingredients until sugar is dissolved
    Add in the fruit

Serves about 4-5 wine glasses or a 1/2 pitcher full
    **Double up on everything above and you'll have just over a full pitcher's worth.

Enjoy!

• Oooh, I love sangria!

My personal favorite (I don't know the name)

Vanilla vodka,
    Orange juice
    Splash of 7up
    and a dash of cream

It's like a creamsickle...ymmm....

Comment

• Thanks Sourpuss - that sounds yummy!

Comment

• My fav is sort of like a margarita, but MUCH better.
        For about 2 glasses, I use 1 fresh squeezed lemon and one lime. Then I use some of the bought lemon and lime juice (that comes in the little lemon bottles) and use quite a bit of the lemon juice.
        Add ice, tequilla, and fill the rest of the glass up with orange juice then blend.

Pour into salt rimmed glasses and it makes an INCREDIBLY refreshing drink.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
          My fav is sort of like a margarita, but MUCH better.
          For about 2 glasses, I use 1 fresh squeezed lemon and one lime. Then I use some of the bought lemon and lime juice (that comes in the little lemon bottles) and use quite a bit of the lemon juice.
          Add ice, tequilla, and fill the rest of the glass up with orange juice then blend.

Pour into salt rimmed glasses and it makes an INCREDIBLY refreshing drink.
          YUMMY! Thank you.

Comment

• Shoot I like the simple... Screwdriver.... Skyy Vodka regular with Sunny D.

its wonderful

Comment

• I like Cran and Vanilla Vodka. and the Lynchburg Lemonade. 1 oz Jack Daniels 1 oz triple sec 2 oz sours mix and fill with sprite.
              :)~The obstacle is the path~ Zen proverb

Comment

• I really like your bar drinks recipes.
                They're all drinks recipes sound very yummy, I'll definitely try that I really like these drinks.
                Last edited by Fallen1; 01-28-2014, 10:01 AM. Reason: Remove outbound link

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                Working...
                X