Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flavor Injector? Does anyone have any experience?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Flavor Injector? Does anyone have any experience?

I made a leg of lamb a while back, and while it was tasty, the meat toward the center left much to be desired.

The flavor of the spices is concentrated on the outside of the meat, with not much toward the center. I would like to remedy this, and a flavor injector looks promising.

I'm thinking about experimenting with pork loin and have played with the thought of getting one.

Any thoughts?

• Used one years ago and as I recall it pretty well but I haven't had one for years, so maybe it didn't work all that well? Give it a try. Why not?

Comment

• We've used/have one. They work really well. Something that is actually pretty good, I've had pork with orange juice and orange rind injected into it. It was SO good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildChild View Post
        Used one years ago and as I recall it pretty well but I haven't had one for years, so maybe it didn't work all that well? Give it a try. Why not?
        Haha - I'm very deliberate with my purchases, no matter how small. Call it a curse. You think this is bad, wait till I buy another car or a new house.

Comment

• We use one especially at Thanksgiving for the turkey...they are fantastic...They are actually pretty reasonably priced. Walmart...like $6 I believe we bought one for. But it will do what you are looking for it to do. Any good recipes for a non-meat eater?
          Be the change you want to see in the world!

Comment

• Ha....okay guys, let me tell you about my experience with the flavor injector.

I was trying to inject a mixture of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and chopped rosemary into a pork tenderloin. Mind you I was using a "Solid Ingredients" injector that I bought at the grocery store.

Because it said solid ingredients, my dumb *** didn't look at the end of the needle where the hole was. Needless to say it was very small...

I ended up with olive oil and rosemary all over my counter.

I promptly tossed it.

When I buy another one, I won't put chopped rosemary in it, lol.

Comment

• OMG, THIS WAS HILARIOUS! I can actually see this happening. I'm sorry it worked out that way...maybe next time essence of rosemary will work for you. I started laughing when I saw you said chopped rosemary. I thought oh no, this isn't going to be good.
              Be the change you want to see in the world!

Comment

• I Used a Flavor Injector for Thanksgiving

Last year for Thanksgiving, I used the (I think it was) Tony Chachere's flavor injector, it was delicious, the best turkey I had ever cooked. It was tender and very flavorful. plus I used some of the remaining injecting liquid in the gravy along with the juices from the baked turkey!
                Do What You Have to Do Today For a Better Tomorrow!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X