Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Protein recipes

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• High Protein recipes

Anyone have any good high protein recipes? I am not doing the "low-carb" thing, but I am trying to get more protein, so I want to make sure all my meals have lots of protein and veggies. I do a lot of grilled chicken. A lot of turkey. But I was wondering if anyone had any yummy recipes to share? I love spicy foods especially!

If they are 30 minutes or less prep and cook time, that is good too because I don't have all day unfortunately to cook meals
    [COLOR="Magenta"]If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
    -Andy Rooney[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale[/COLOR]

• Frozen chicken breasts from your grocery freezer section....pop em in the oven for 30 mins and when they are done, spoon some of your favorite BW3's wing sauce on them. Some are about 20-30 cals per tablespoon. Spicy garlic works especially good and is low cal. I lived on that in college. 45 grams of protein per chicken breast.

Quick tuna salad - can of tuna in water, diced quarter of an onion, salt, pepper, tablespoon of low fat miracle whip...mix it all up and chill for 15 mins in the freezer....put that on low cal bread/crackers, or eat it by itself. 30 grams of protein per can of tuna.

Smoothies - blend skim milk, with Optimum Nutrition Delicious strawberry (google it) protein powder - add an egg or a banana.....bam 50 grams of protein in a 300 cal drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by OhThereYouAre View Post
      Frozen chicken breasts from your grocery freezer section....pop em in the oven for 30 mins and when they are done, spoon some of your favorite BW3's wing sauce on them. Some are about 20-30 cals per tablespoon. Spicy garlic works especially good and is low cal. I lived on that in college. 45 grams of protein per chicken breast.

Quick tuna salad - can of tuna in water, diced quarter of an onion, salt, pepper, tablespoon of low fat miracle whip...mix it all up and chill for 15 mins in the freezer....put that on low cal bread/crackers, or eat it by itself. 30 grams of protein per can of tuna.

Smoothies - blend skim milk, with Optimum Nutrition Delicious strawberry (google it) protein powder - add an egg or a banana.....bam 50 grams of protein in a 300 cal drink.
      Awesome thanks! Those definitely seem easy/quick. I'll check into the protein powder. I have some vanilla that I got at the Vitamin Shoppe, but strawberry sounds yummy!!
      [COLOR="Magenta"]If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
      -Andy Rooney[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by kygirl View Post
        Awesome thanks! Those definitely seem easy/quick. I'll check into the protein powder. I have some vanilla that I got at the Vitamin Shoppe, but strawberry sounds yummy!!
        If you buy protein and other supplements online, you'll save about 50%.

I buy from netrition dot com. It's spelled just like I wrote it.

GNC and other brick and mortar supplement stores are quite expensive. I'm amazed that they stay in business with the exorbitant prices they charge.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X