Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candy

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Candy

Made Caramel today for caramel apples. Tis recipe came from a 70 yr old cook book.

1 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup corn syrup
    1/4 cup milk

Mix together in a heavy sauce pan. Cook over med high heat, stirring often, to hard ball stage (250 degrees f). Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons butter. Stir for 2 or 3 mins to cool a bit.

To do apples, you need to put them on a stick or skewer, coat with caramel either by dipping or spooning over apple. Keep the cooking pan in a hot water bath so it stays workable. Keep turning apple on stick until caramel firms up a little. Place on well buttered wax paper or a pile of crushed nuts, to cool.

• Yummy, you remind me of my grandma.

Thanks for the recipe WildChild, there's a dinner at my place tonight, i will definitely try it tonight and i'm sure my boyfriend gonna like it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X