Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg Salad to Die For!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Egg Salad to Die For!!!

OK. So I'm on this kick of learning how to cook. I'm also trying to do it healthy to lose weight and get in shape. I've never had a "great" body, but I want one.

So, I asked my mom how to make egg salad. Come to find out, chicken salad is made the same way. Who'da thunk it? Anyways...

This will make two servings.

Four eggs
    Mashed Garlic (McCormick's is good)
    White and Green Onion powder with parsley
    Light Miracle Whip
    Half a stalk of celery
    [LIST]Hard boil four eggs for three minutes. Take off heat and let stand one hour.
    Peel eggs and mash in a bowl to the consistency you like.
    Pour enough Light Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise) over the mashed eggs. Mix together.
    1/2 teaspoon mashed garlic (I used an actual teaspoon so my measurement may be off if you're using the scoop)
    Onion Powder to preference.
    Cut up celery and place in mixture
    Mix together again

The garlic and miracle whip will make this pop! The celery will add a beautiful sweetness to it! If you want to make a sandwich with it, I highly suggest 100% Whole Grain Wheat Bread (toasted). By making it a sandwich you can make it last longer.

Bon appetit!

OG
    Through hypnosis, I create confident men and women to succeed in all facets of their lives. This place will soon get very interesting

• Very, very similar to my recipe for chicken salad.

I use diced onions in lieu of onion powder and I omit the garlic.

This tastes awesome, guys.

Comment

• My egg salad is simple, but I don't know any measurements:
      Hardboiled eggs
      Miracle Whip
      Weber's Brand Horseradish Mustard

It's more like deviled eggs than egg or chicken salad, I think. But it's delish.
      Is it a regional thing, putting mustard in egg salad/deviled eggs? I know in the South(east,) people don't, but in the Northeast, they do. Strange!
      <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• What it takes to get a hardboiled egg depends on your altitute. I'm over 5000 ft and 8 minutes gets me a medium boiled egg.

To time eggs properly; bring water to a boil, use a metal toothpick (like a skewer you use to lace a chicken or turkey closed) make a hole in the wide end of each egg. Place eggs in boiling water and start timer.

Comment

• Wow I made it last night and it was amazing! I get so sick of hard boiled eggs so this was a nice change!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Little View Post
            My egg salad is simple, but I don't know any measurements:
            Hardboiled eggs
            Miracle Whip

It's more like deviled eggs than egg or chicken salad, I think. But it's delish.
            Is it a regional thing, putting mustard in egg salad/deviled eggs? I know in the South(east,) people don't, but in the Northeast, they do. Strange!
            I love mustard in my deviled eggs, I use vinegar too. Yummy yummy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little View Post
              My egg salad is simple, but I don't know any measurements:
              Hardboiled eggs
              Miracle Whip

Never thought of using mustard! I'll try that when I go shopping again.

I was born in Florida and we put mustard in our deviled eggs. It's just a deviled egg without mustard in my book!

Originally posted by Leslie1100
              Wow I made it last night and it was amazing! I get so sick of hard boiled eggs so this was a nice change!
              Thanks! Now cook up some chicken and try it that way!
              Through hypnosis, I create confident men and women to succeed in all facets of their lives. This place will soon get very interesting

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X