Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy and Tasty Side Dishes with pics

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Easy and Tasty Side Dishes with pics

Garlic Green Beans

What you'll need:

Fresh cut green beans washed and dried thoroughly with the ends cut
    Table Salt - normally i'd use sea salt, but the smaller the grain the more the salt will stick to the beans
    Black Pepper - same thing here...the finer the pepper the better. Freshly ground doesn't work well.
    Garlic Powder
    Fresh Minced Garlic
    Olive Oil

Procedure:

Make sure beans are completely dry. Toss green beans in pan with olive oil on low heat until coated. Add all spices to taste. Top with freshly minced garlic. Fry until desired consistency. Make sure you add oil before the spices so the spices adhere to the green beans evenly.
    These go well with chicken/pork/beef/salmon....pretty much any meat.

Rosemary Potatoes

You'll need-
    Red potatoes or any potatoes with a thin skin. Diced into dice size bits.
    Salt
    Pepper
    Cumin
    Red Pepper - optional but good for a slight kick
    Freshly chopped rosemary
    Olive oil

Procedure:
    Add olive oil to a mixing bowl. Add in diced potatoes. Mix until potatoes are covered evenly in oil. Add in spices and mix thoroughly again. Dump contents into a baking dish and bake on 350 for 35- 40 mins or until desired consistency is reached. I like mine on the softer side. You may also turn potatoes halfway through the cooking time but it isn't required. These go well with pork especially, lamb and chicken.

shown with my world famous ribs.

• Ahh- I forget to mention that lately i've been adding onion slivers to the rosemary potatoes and it turns out great!

Comment

• OMG, these look and sound terrific...is that a corn muffin on that plate?
      Be the change you want to see in the world!

Comment

• Man, those dishes look delicious

I am always looking for new recipes to try and these look very good, I'm definitely going to try them.
        Do What You Have to Do Today For a Better Tomorrow!

Comment

• it seem delicious espect second one

Comment

• Those green beans look yummy!! I will have to go to The Fresh Market and pick up some to make this weekend. You don't happen to have any good spinach recipes do you?
            [COLOR="Magenta"]If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
            -Andy Rooney[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale[/COLOR]

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X