Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe

This were given to me, I haven't tried it yet, thought I'd post them.

Broccoli Cheese Soup

2 cups sliced carrots
    1 cup sliced celery
    2 cups broccoli florets
    1 1/2 cups chopped onion
    1/2 cup butter
    3/4 cup flour
    1 can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
    1 qt milk
    1/2 pound cubed Velveeta

In large saucpage, bring 2 qts water to a boil. Add carrots, celery and broccoli; cover and boil for 5 minutes.

In another large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add flour and stir to make smooth paste. Gradually add chicken broth and milk. Cook until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.

Add the carrots, celery and broccoli; head through. Add cheese; heat until melted and veggies tender.

• Mmm.. I've been looking for a good Broccoli cheese soup recipe do you think i could use regular cheddar instead of Velveeta?

Comment

• Hmm - I'm not sure, as I think cheddar would be rather greasy and doesn't melt well. Unless anybody has any hints for that.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X