Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Noodle Soup - yeah, the best you'll ever have.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Chicken Noodle Soup - yeah, the best you'll ever have.

This is by far the best soup ever! Enjoy!!! I can't figure out how to make my pictures big like OTYA's **stomps feet ** but you can click on them.

I make my own egg noodles, but I have also used the frozen egg noodles.

Measurements are approx.

2 1/2 cups of flour
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients and knead until dough is not sticky, cover and let sit for 10 minutes. I have the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid, but if you are doing by hand, roll out until desired thickness and cut with a pizza cutter.

Noodles.jpg

Chicken Soup

Whole chicken (insides removed)
    Chicken base
    Onion
    Carrots
    Celery
    Canned sweet corn
    Noodles

Put a whole chicken in a stockpot of water with salt (I use kosher flake) and olive oil. Boil until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Remove chicken from water. Continue to let the water boil and add 2 big spoon fulls of chicken base to the water (do not use bouillon or store bought broth).

Cut of veggies. I use half a onion, celery, carrots and a can of corn. Add veggies to pot with stock water and chicken base and boil until veggies are tender.

Veggies.jpg

While veggies are boiling, debone chicken. Pull as much meat as possible and add to pot. Add cracked pepper.

Once veggies are tender, add noodles. If you are using fresh ones, you only have to boil for 3-5 more minutes.

Enjoy - I think I got it all anyways.

Chicken Noodle Soup.jpg

• LOL..

Man that sounds like a lot of hard work but sounds & looks mag...

My ex (from America) made those noodles, flour went everywhere
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• No - it's actually really really easy. And yes, the noodles are messy, I usually end up with flour from head to toe. But I'm not an organized cook to begin with. I organize before and after, but during it is a free for all.

Comment

• So you can have a noodle fight (during?) lol.

I remember his soup and it was awesome, but somehow you adding the other ingredients make it sound moreish.....
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• This is similar to my recipe but I start by making a vegetable stock from Onion, garlic, cerery, bay leaf, and clove and any other herbs you prefer, let that simmer a couple hours. Strain it and cook the chicken in this vegetable broth. I like to add some sage and "poultry seasoning". Once the chicken is cooked, remove it to cool a bit so you can bone it and while it's waiting add the veggies you want in the soup. I like carrots, sometimes mushrooms, sliced spring onion, fresh frozen corn, sometimes a bit of potato too. Then add the chicken meat, bring to a boil and add the noodles. A pastry knife works great to lift the noodles from the counter or cutting board.

Comment

• Oh - that sounds good. I hadn't thought about cooking the chicken in a vegetable stock. Interesting.

Does the potato make it too starchy? How much do you add?

Comment

• If I use potato, it's usually one med size. If you don't over cook it's not a problem. I use essentially the same procedure to make chicken pie, I separate some of the stock with the chicken, add more veggies, thicken with cornstarch and put in a pie crust, top the crust and bake.

Comment

• Then you could use the rest of the stock and chicken to make soup or use stock to cook rice.

Comment

• Lovely. I shall try this.

Your countertops look like mine.

Damm you have good taste.

Comment

• Originally posted by OhThereYouAre View Post
                    Lovely. I shall try this.

Your countertops look like mine.

Damm you have good taste.
                    I love my kitchen. It's darn near my dream kitchen. I was really nervous when I picked everything out, but I must say, I DID GOOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
                      I love my kitchen. It's darn near my dream kitchen. I was really nervous when I picked everything out, but I must say, I DID GOOD!!!
                      Post a pic...I'd love to see where Dr. Bizzle goes to work.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X