Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a nice fudge recipe??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Anyone got a nice fudge recipe??

Im making gift boxes with fudge as christmas presents, i havent checked the net yet but was wondering if anyone has any fudge recipes ??

Thanks!!
    Saint

• I've got a couple, but I'll have to dig them up. I'll post them shortly.

Comment

• Here's a couple that I've tried. The Peanut Butter Fudge is really good!

Remarkable Fudge

1 cup butter
      12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
      1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
      1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
      4 cups white sugar

Directions

1. Line a 13x9 inch baking dish with foil and butter the foil.
      2. In the top half of a double boiler combine the butter or margarine, evaporated milk and sugar. Cook on medium heat for 12 minutes or until it reaches a temperature of 236 degrees F (112 degrees C). Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips, vanilla and marshmallow creme. Stir until chocolate chips melt then mix in the chopped walnuts. Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Score into squares while still warm. Refrigerate until firm then cut along the scored lines.

Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge

4 cups white sugar
      1 cup light brown sugar
      1/2 cup butter
      1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
      1 (16 ounce) jar peanut butter

Directions

1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
      2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 7 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in marshmallow creme until well incorporated and melted. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth; spread in prepared pan. Let cool before cutting into squares.

Comment

• I may definately try one of them...

I attempted to make fudge from an old recipe my mom found and wow was that a disaster lol

Comment

• I have a fudge recipe, that I have made before. I will look for it, hopefully I haven't thrown it away. When I find it, I shall let you know
          Love isn't about finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly <3

Comment

• Thanks nix...also i need to make sure that i time it properly because the last batch turned out to be liquid fudge lol.

Moms recipe didnt have timing instructions

Comment

• hahaha Liquid fudge...that would make an awesome flavour milkshake!
              I'm sure the one I have definitely has timing instructions, otherwise it would've been a flop, but I remember it being nice....just got to dig out the recipe for you
              Love isn't about finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly <3

Comment

• Thanks heaps! would be good, i got to make fudge for everyone for christmas! which is next week...

Comment

• Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
                  Here's a couple that I've tried. The Peanut Butter Fudge is really good!

Remarkable Fudge

1 cup butter
                  12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
                  1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
                  1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
                  4 cups white sugar

Directions

1. Line a 13x9 inch baking dish with foil and butter the foil.
                  2. In the top half of a double boiler combine the butter or margarine, evaporated milk and sugar. Cook on medium heat for 12 minutes or until it reaches a temperature of 236 degrees F (112 degrees C). Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips, vanilla and marshmallow creme. Stir until chocolate chips melt then mix in the chopped walnuts. Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Score into squares while still warm. Refrigerate until firm then cut along the scored lines.

Hey lana is there a another way to determine if the fudge has reached 236 degrees without having a candy thermometer?

Comment

• 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
                    1/2 cup butter
                    5 oz (150ml) evaporated milk
                    1 teaspoon vanilla

Place in a heavy bottomed pan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. I like tp use a wooded spoon. Bring to a gentle boil and continue cooking and stiring for 5 mins. Remove from heat add:
                    3 cups chocolate chips - I like to use Ghiradelli 60% Cacao
                    one jar marshmallow cream (7 oz or 198g)
                    Stir until melted in and blended. (I will add the chips first and get pretty well blended then add the marshmallow and leave it a little streaky.
                    Stir in 2 cups broken walnuts

Spead into a well buttered, glass baking pan. (a good sized flat cake pan works well)
                    Will set up as cools.

Comment

• What I like about this recipe is less sugar, and never had it fail. I,m at high altitude and do let it cook a minute or two longer.

Comment

• I know this isn't fudge, but it might as well do!
                        I made some Christmas Chocolate Brownies on Sunday, which were divine, they included white chocolate chips and raspberries. I will get the recipe for you tomorrow. You should definitely give them a try!

Comment

• WC i like the idea of less sugar...but i also like the idea of using chocolate chips, would normal chocolate work just as well??

Comment

• Sure Nix, send me the recipe when you have a chance

Comment

• Sounds wonderful! We have a thread for brownies and such, why not post it there?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X